wireless outdoor cam base station will not connect to phone

I have had about 40 attempts to connect the base station to my iphone… no luck. Cannot be found. The lights are as they should be…

Hey @Manxies Welcome to the community! So glad to have you apart of a wonderful group!

I am so sorry to hear you’ve been having issues with base station pairing.

Can you please review this article from our help center?

Let me know how it goes.

Hi Steve

I did this, as described, at least 20 times… no joy. As well as this, both of the chargers don’t charge either, the only way I could charge the batteries was if they were in the cameras. These have been a nightmare… several hours wasted.

I am having the same issue.

Nothing from the support team yet but I’m not hopeful.

Looks like an issue with the base stations but they won’t admit it.

I have tested multiple base stations on multiple devices on multiple networks.

I can see the base station on the network and it’s open ports but there software just won’t connect to it.

Exact same here, which is so disappointing as the cameras look great and feel robust. I really did think they would be the dogs bollocks . If there was a way of inputting the details instead of having the app searching I am sure we would have it sorted

Same here tried everything resetting changing cable resetting router deleting the app etc etc etc still does not connect

Hello @Lamazza @Manxies How far away from the router is your wireless outdoor camera? How many walls between it and the route? And, what are the materials of the outer wall?

Hi Steve… it is the smart security home base that won’t connect to the phone … not even got as far as connecting a camera, the hub won’t connect to my phone. I am sat next to the router. I can see the TC hub on the network but it does not pair up with my iPhone, it says timed out.

Hey @Manxies Can you confirm for me the camera model you are writing about? I want to make sure I have the right info for you when we try to trouble shoot.

Kami wire free outdoor camera…with smart security base station.

@Manxies if you have tried all these steps and it is still. We would like to upgrade you to our newer model Wireless Outdoor Camera. This will help resolve the pairing station problem.

Steve…what a lovely gesture… but I am sure the camera will be fine, it is the base station that does not work, is there not another way to connect it ? Does the upgraded camera have a base station?

I have a Yi indoor cam and when that pairs with the phone it makes lots of noise. When the smart hub is trying to connect it makes no noises other than the odd 2 beeps… is it supposed to make more noises when trying to connect “

Hi sTEVE…JUST TO BE SURE, THESE ARE MY CAMERAS , THE BASE STATIONS DO NOT CONNECT , IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN USE THE CAMERAS WITHOUT THE BASE STATIONS? Both are new and both don’t work.

Hi it’s right next to it…the app is not picking up the base hub just scans then says unable to connect …I would expect once the hub is connected to the app the camera should connect…thanks

Hey @Lamazza Thanks for your feedback and assistance resolving this problem. I’m going to send you a direct message so we can talk a little more about this.

I don’t suppose you think that the cameras will work without the base station then Steve. Such a shame as they look robust good quality. Is there a known problem with connecting to the base station? I suppose that is the end of the road for me?

Im going to send you a direct message so we can follow up in more detail about this.

Ok Steve…thanks for helping. Do you have my email address?

1 Like

I sent you a message in the forum :slight_smile:

Categories