Unable to cancel free trial

I’m posting here because I’m frustrated and disappointed with how Yi Technology handles subscription cancellations. I signed up for the Kami Security Pro subscription with a free trial, which was set to auto-renew to a paid yearly plan unless canceled. However, despite following the cancellation instructions and contacting customer service several times, my account was still charged.

I’ve tried everything to cancel, but the process is extremely difficult, and customer support has been unhelpful. This is not only unethical but also in direct violation of consumer rights laws, including the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 and the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which mandate that companies must provide an easy and transparent way for users to cancel subscriptions.

I’m not the only one facing this issue, as I’ve seen multiple complaints about the exact same problem. This pattern suggests a serious issue with how Yi Technology is conducting its subscription services. I am now considering further action, including filing complaints with Google and the relevant consumer protection authorities. I urge anyone experiencing similar problems to do the same.

Please provide an immediate solution by canceling my subscription and refunding the unauthorized charge. I expect a prompt response from your team to resolve this issue.

Hello @Hhd,

We’re sorry to hear about your support experience in trying to cancel your subscription.
Please submit your request here: https://store.kamihome.com/pages/contact
Thank you!

I’ve cancelled my subscription before and got a refund. They might be crap at tech support (non-existent actually) but the subs department seems to work.

Categories