Timestamp Videos

Hey @p_a Thanks for coming to the forum. Im sorry to hear you’re having timestamp inconsistencies from camera to camera.

Can you send me both firmware versions? 1 that’s working and 1 that is not.

That will help with next step suggestions. Thanks for your patience.

Hello! I have a Yi Dome X (firmware version 8.1.0.0A_202001211401) and I’m using Yi Home app (version 5.5.6_20220419072150) and I as well have this problem: whenever I record footage from the playback (or live) directly from the Yi Home app the saved video doesn’t have a timestamp on it. Is there a solution to this?

I have several outdoor cameras,
the ones that have Time Stamp have firmware 9.0.26.07_202104231123
the ones that DO NOT have time stamp are firmware 3.0.0.0D_201809111054
both say the firmware is up to date.
if the cameras with the 3.0 firmware could install the 9.0 firmware would they have the time stamp?
the Yi home version is 5.5.4

Two different camera’s with different hardware, you cannot successfully use a firmware built for one to run in the other.

Hey @rogersmart Are you by any chance a cloud subscriber? We have a really customer friendly replacement program so we could get you set up with the newer model that can handle that firmware. Just a thought.

Been waiting and asking for a time stamp on downloaded videos for 2 years now every update I think yes they have done it only to be sadly disappointed what is the use of CCTV with out a time stamp
shireking

Admire your enthusiasm :smiley: Are these fairly old cameras, what firmware version?

Looks like no one is bothered about putting a time stamp on saved videos have new and old cameras been promised now for 2 years they would fix it slowly replacing to another make which has them
disappointed shireking

Still waiting for a time stamp to be available
shireking

What about a firmware upgrade for the really old cameras with 1.8.7 or 2.1.0.0E?? These say up to date but they’re clearly very old versions. Do I have to buy all new cameras just to get the timestamp? All my cameras save to the cloud.

With cloud subscription maybe you can get newer replacements, going by @Steven_Kami post to @rogersmart. Check with @Alvin_Kami or email support as @Steven_Kami doesn’t seem to be around.

If there’s no timestamp overlay on the video I wouldn’t think it likely old firmware would be updated to include it, might also be complaints from people who don’t want timestamps. Without subscription the only path would seem to be 3rd party or self modification of firmware to include it. Just my personal opinion.

Your older cameras are likely using older hardware so firmware is probably latest for that platform.

About time stamp on saved videos I am in the process of changing my cameras to a different manufacturer which gives you the choice of having a time stamp or not it’s a shame because i like YI cameras I can only hope someone will fix it one day
shireking

came across because of the topic. been 2 years with no result. no timestamps is useless. waste of money buying it. those users with _Kami names dont even have product knowledge. wasting time discussing with them.

1 Like

How could adding a time stamp be so difficult i can almost guarantee i can go on youtube learn to code enough to add the time stamp myself i don’t want to do that but from the looks of it you guys aren’t gonna fix this right? I mean if you have a “team” i’d find it very concerning if not one of them can figure this out and where can i get a job application lol im only kinda kidding

Categories