Timestamp Videos

Still waiting for the time stamp for recorded video this would be a great help for everyone
Still having problems with one camera still saying no video recording for yesterday but ok for the day before so if you want a recording you have to wait till the next day
shireking

working on both @shireking we are close and a release will be out shortly to address days missing recordings. Great suggestion though waiting a day :wink:

1 Like

Any news about the time stamp it would be a great help for everyone .still not showing yesterday recording on one of my cameras hate to have to buy a different make of cameras
shireking

We are working on timestamp on downloaded videos. This logic and fix is going to take a little bit more time to develop and test. I will update this thread with more information.

3 Likes

Any luck with getting the time stamp on download videos it would be very useful thank you
shireking

Just had the new update disappointed that they is still no time stamp on recordings it would be a great help for everyone
Still having problems with no recording on yesterday videos on some of my cameras please advise
shireking

Time stamp is still available in the app. Are you referring to downloaded videos?

Any luck with getting the time stamp put on saved videos people are still waiting for one thank you
shireking

Just bought dome u pro 2k and found out that it has timestamp print on video. Why my old stuff like yi dome and yi outdoor camera (which is super expensive) does not have a timestamp. Please you must update firmware to enable this. I know you guys can do it. It just a software thing no reason not to do!

Why are YI deleting my reply emails just asking for a time stamp on recordings
shireking

Timestamp would be nice

We are working on adding timestamp to all camera models. I will update this thread when I know m more about when this is expected. Thank you for your continued patience while we work to improve the app.

Does this mean that the timestamp will be burned in into the video stream itself? Thatā€™s the way itā€™s done in most CCTV cameras.

Sadly still waiting for update to be able to have a time stamp on saved videos been promised it will be available soon please advise
shireking

1 Like

It would be useful if a list was provided with cameras that currently donā€™t have burnt in timestamps and those that do.

1 Like

I will get that built and published on the forum. Thanks for the suggestion @anyone

If possible maybe the ideal solution would be to make the burnt in timestamp configurable, that would not only please those who want timestamps but also those that do not.
My Dome Guard came without burnt in timestamp, didnā€™t know before purchasing. Turns out it was disabled by configuration to not update so changing one byte got the timestamp showing. There does however appear to be an issue with time zone implementation, wonder if thatā€™s why it was disabled.

Hereā€™s an example of turning it on on the fly.

Interesting @anyone! Can you give us more detail to the steps you took?

For that camera the above was achieved by changing the first byte of file mmap.info to 1.

I donā€™t have a suitable place to use that particular camera as a security device so just have some fun using it for educational purposes, something like you might do with the MAIX II which has similar hardware. Cost of this Yi camera is low enough that I donā€™t worry about breaking it and not having a warranty, can just throw away.

Hi! I have 6 Yi home outdoor cameras that I bought separately over time, and 4 of the cameras have a timestamp on the top left of the video but 2 of them (which I really really need right now) does not. I checked the camera firmware version and they all said its on its ā€œlatest versionā€ but the versions are different between the 2 and the 4 cameras which I am assuming is the problem. Also, another thing to note is that the 2 and 4 cameras are placed in 2 different locations with different routers. Please advise what to do. I really need the timestamp to show to police officials ASAP.

Categories