SOLVED - IR lights keep turning on and off in dark room

Hi All,

I have Kami Outdoor camera (wired) which I ended up using indoor, in the nursery.

When we turn off the lights, it is not pitch black in the room, but as expected the IR light turns on, but seconds later it turns off, and it keeps repeating this cycle over and over.

What can be the issue? The room is as dark as it is going to get, and there are no “light fluctuations” that would warrant the constant on and off…

Any ideas how to fix this? Or is this expected behavior?

Thanks,
Krisz

Can you try to cover the camera completely - so it’s fully dark (maybe with a light towel) - see what happens.

If the same issue is experienced it sounds like faulty hardware.

2 Likes

I have the same issue, started yesterday after upgrading the firmware of the camera. I emailed support, no response yet.

OK, so it was not the hardware. The curtains below the cam were slightly visible on the bottom edge, and when the IR turned on, they reflected it too brightly, which printed the cam to turn the IR off.

Still think there should be an override switch or loop counter, but at least it works!

1 Like

@Bhbz Welcome to the community! sorry to hear your experiencing issues with the IR lights. I’m going to send you a pm so we can work together to get this resolved.

@kcsob Thanks for the feedback! Glad to hear to hear you were able to figure it out. I would have struggled with that one!

I had similar issues. Some of my indoor cameras are pointed out windows. At the wrong angle the IR lights reflect off the glass and it switches from night mode to day mode repeatedly. It would be nice if there was a setting to force it into one mode or the other, instead of it being automatic. For most of the cameras that are pointed out windows I just turn off the IR lights because there is enough outside light.

1 Like

@jpaul311 this is super helpful feedback! Thanks

Do you have any solution for this type of problem? I have the same issue. Thx

Hey @iwan Welcome to the community!

Please scroll through this thread and try the suggested solutions to this situation. Let us know what methods you tried and any results that could help us understand the issue further if the suggested troubleshooting methods do not work

There are some pretty helpful solutions listed here. That’s what the forum is for :slight_smile:

Hi @Steven_Kami
I tried to camera hide under the blanket but the problem still occurred, also the camera was installed in the dark room problem is still occur, also in the garden same problem.
Nothing reflected IR lights. And I am confused because the Kami outdoor camera is brand new.
Do you have any ideas about what to do? thanks for help

Hey @iwan if the camera is brand new and this has occurred, it could be a defect in the camera. I recommend contacting our customer support team at www.kamihome.com/contact. You can even include a link to this thread in your message, and they can begin the replacement process so we can get you a working camera.

Once you have a ticket number, I can work with our CS team and ensure all is accomplished in a timely monitor.

Categories