Set up YI Home cameras to work with Google Assistant

Hey @balbyb @godeye Thank you for providing that info. Super helpful. I am going to pass this to our technical team and get back to you with more information

1 Like

@Steven_Kami do you have any info yet?

Thanks.

Thanks a lot for these instruction and I am pleased I could connect my Yi Cameras with Google Home Hub and Stream the Camera Content on the Google Display!

What I really next is: I have 2 Yi outdoor cameras to monitor for movement. I would like to see the live stream on Google Hub Display automatically as soon a movement is triggered.

Can the camera stream automatically trigger the Camera feed to be displayed on Google Hub Display as soon as movement is detected?

I would really love to this is working!

Hello. I am getting an error connecting the Home camera 1080P to Google Home app (v. 2.32.111) on IPhone 11 (v. 14.4). And for some reason I have no way to untie the connection (

Thanks for popping into the forum! Glad to have you more knowledge users around

Thanks for providing the phone model information.

We just have a couple more questions to help us diagnose and figure out the next step

Where you located? Region of the world is fine
How close are the devices to your wife routers? Make sure that the router, & phone are both connect to 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz
Whats the powers source for the camera and what model camera model is it?

If youā€™re not connecting the US region, give that a try and see if that will able to get you connected, then switch back to your actual region.

Let us know how any of these trouble shooting steps go and weā€™ll go from there.

Happy Friday! Have a great weekend!

Hello. I cannot go to the region settings and cancel the synchronization, how can I do this? I have everything connect to 2.4ghz. The device with the router is very close. I can see the camera in the standard application YI, but there is an Google Home - error. Model - YI 1080p Home Camera AI. Iā€™m in Ukraine. I donā€™t know what region was during synchronization, but I donā€™t know how to change it in the settings Google Home app, because I canā€™t get into the password and login window.

I use the YI Dome X, both of them have the same issue.

Apps and firmware are all up to date.
I use a Google Nest, iOS 14.4, region is set to USA in the phone, despite the physical location is in South-East-Asia.

Hello. Can you help me, I wrote the answer above?

Hello @AlexBoiler! Thanks for following up. I am sorry to hear youā€™re still having trouble with your google assistance and syncing with your Yi cameras.

Can you also please provide you location?
Where is your location set in your phone?
Where is your location set in the google device?

Many thanks for your time and patience.

Hello.
My location - Ukraine.
Location set in my Iphone (Google Home app for iPhone) - Ukraine.
YI synchronization - the USA was selected, but I cannot change anything in the settings now (.
YI camera is in Ukraine.

@AlexBoiler can you try changing your google home location to the USA? And, try again?

Let me know how it goes

In google home no setting to change location

Hey @AlexBoiler thanks for checking in. And, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Let me check with our team on this one and see if google is having any troubles in your region.

Iā€™ll be in touch with more information.

Hi Steven,
I still have the same problem of not being able to setup the cameras in google home.

Location on the smartphone, as well as google home and YI account is set to USA.

Physically the cameras are in Indonesia.

I would really welcome a solution to this persistent problem.
Thank you!

Hey @Mirco Thanks for coming to the community for more information.

Are you able to select your actual region and try as well?

I am going to need to follow-up with the team on this one. Let me know what happens if you can select your region. Many thanks.

Thanks for your reply.

Basically it was set to the physical region. But as I described in my posts before it was not working. I then changed the parameters to what was suggested in this forum. But itā€™s still not possible to setup the cameras in google home.
Please refer to my former posts for more details on my setup.

I look forward to solve this issue.
Thank you

Hey @Mirco - I will have to check with our team do see if we can recreate the problem and ultimately open up a ticket with google for a resolution. This hasnā€™t been reported by other users as a widespread issue so I do ask for a little time to find out more information.

I will follow-up with you in later today with an update.

Your patience is greatly appreciated. Hope all is well!

Hello. Are there any news?

Hey @AlexBoiler A couple of questions

what phone device? Apple or android?

Operating system version? (can be found in your phones settings)

Is the app version up to date? Yi or Kami Home?

Can you try removing your Yi Account from the Google Home device and then reconnect and see if this freeā€™s it up?

Many thanks for your patience. Let us know how things go.

Hi - having trouble adding to Google home.

I have a Yi Camera. Iā€™ve added in my android Yi Home all and can see the camera (see screenshot) . When I try to add to Google home I get an error (see screenshot). Can you help?

Camera says firmware is up to to date. Yi Home app is up to date.

Categories