Set up YI Home cameras to work with Google Assistant

In order to set up your YI Home cameras to work with Google Assistant, please follow the directions below:

Set up YI Home devices to work with Google Assistant

How to view YI Home cameras on Google Home Hub

Step 1: Create a YI user account and set up a camera

1. If you haven’t already, please download YI Home app from Google Play and create an account
  2. Follow the instruction to set up camera(s)

Step 2: Connect YI Home devices to Google Assistant

1. Open the Google Home app
  2. Tap the + symbol at the top left, to Add a device
  3. Under “Add to home” select the Blue Plus symbol to “Set up device”
  4. In the Set-Up page, select “Have something already set up?” at the bottom
  5. In the “Manage accounts” page, find “Yi Home Camera” from the list
  6. In the next step, enter your YI Home user account email and password and authorize Google to access your devices
  7. Select cameras from the list and add to a room

Step 3: Control the YI Home cameras from Google Home Hub

1. You can give voice commands such as “Okay Google, show me the living room camera”.
  2. To stop viewing the camera, you can say “Okay Google, stop”
7 Likes

@YITechnology thank you for providing us with this. Very useful.

4 Likes

Hi, I follow the instruction, but got failed.
After Google trying to connect Yi Home account there is a message (in my language) something like:
I cannot update the setting. Check the connection

The camera is connected and working (checked in the Yi Home app).
What can be the problem ?

1 Like

Hi @janoush, welcome to our community! If you can email support@yitechnology.com we can take a closer look at this for you! Thank you!

Salve lo stesso problema di janoush c’è l’ho anche io, Il problema si verifica quando voglio collegarlo a Google Home, una volta che ho cercato l’app YI Camera mi chiede di accedere, inserisco e-mail e passw dove mi sono registrato sul vostro server, accetto di andare avanti e viene visualizzato il messaggio AGGIORNAMENTO IMPOSSIBILE L’APPLICAZIONE DEL PROBLEMA DI CONNESSIONE.
Ho fatto migliaia di tentativi del tipo per annullare GOOGLE HOME CACHE, DISINSTALLARE L’APP, USCIRE CON IL MIO ACCOUNT E RIENTRARE NUOVAMENTE, MA SENZA ALCUN BENEFICIO TUTTI I TENTATIVI NON SONO SERVITI.
Ho contattato anche assistenza Google e mi hanno detto che è un vostro problema, intanto ho inviato anche foto e video a support@yitechnology.com ma senza aver avuto ancora nessuna risposta.
Spero che questo problema venga risolto nel minor tempo possibile, altrimenti sarò costretto a mandare il prodotto indietro, in quanto mi serviva prorpio per quel tipo di utilizzo.
Grazie e spero che mi prendete in considerazione, saluti.

1 Like

This is exactly what diegoexpert wrote !.

Ciao Janoush, mi sa o che non hanno capito il problema oppure fanno finta di non capire, gli ho inviato anche email con foto e video e mi rispondono così:

Set up YI Home devices to work with Google Assistant
How to view YI Home cameras on Google Home Hub

Step 1: Create a YI user account and set up a camera

1. If you haven’t already, please download the YI Home app from Google Play and create an account
  2. Follow the instruction to set up the camera(s)

Step 2: Connect YI Home devices to Google Assistant

1. Open the Google Home app
  2. Tap the + symbol at the top left, to Add a device
  3. Under “Add to home” select the Blue Plus symbol to “Set up device”
  4. In the Set-Up page, select “Have something already set up?” at the bottom
  5. In the “Manage accounts” page, find “Yi Home Camera” from the list
  6. In the next step, enter your YI Home user account email and password and authorize Google to access your devices
  7. Select cameras from the list and add to a room

Step 3: Control the YI Home cameras from Google Home Hub

1. You can give voice commands such as “Okay Google, show me the living room camera”.
  2. To stop viewing the camera, you can say “Okay Google, stop”

If you have further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us again.
Thank you very much for your patience and have a great day!

Io già ho configurato più di 10 device e so bene come si configura una app e associarla in GOOGLE HOME !!!

Mahh speriamo che qualcuno ci prenda in considerazione, ciao se sai qualcosa prima di me o risolvi perfavore dimmi come hai fatto grazie, naturalmente farò lo stesso anche io.

1 Like

Ciao,
hai assolutamente ragione. Ho l’impressione che non sappiano come procedere e rispondano con una formula standard.

Se so come risolvere il problema, ovviamente te lo farò sapere.

Saluti

A me sembra di capire sia un problema legato a Google Assistant e non a Kami o Yi. Mi sembra di aver capito che la schermata appare dopo che il login avviene correttamente. Dunque è il rollback sulla pagina di Assisgant a non recepire il fatto che il login abbia avuto successo.

Thanks for adding this functionality. I have 3 cameras. 2 linked perfectly, the 3rd doesn’t show up in Google Home even with the account sucessfully linked. I do see all 3 in the YI mobile app. Does this work for all gen cameras? Thanks again!

2 Likes

Joeg,

Are all 3 of your cameras YI cameras? Or do you also have a Kami camera?
At this time Google Home is only compatible with YI cameras. Kami compatibility is coming soon.

Sorry, yes, all 3 cameras are YI Cameras. Bought at different times.
Laundry room firmware - 2.1.1_20171024151200 - this is the camera that doesn’t link to Google.
Kitchen firmware - same, but this does link successfully to Google.
Garage firmware - 4.2.0H_201909041620

Interesting that one with 2.1.1 firmware links but not the other.

I suspect I have a setting causing the problem. Will keep looking. But any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much.

Joe

Hi,

@joeg To troubleshoot your issue further, please contact our customer support at support@yitechnology.com. Use this ticket # 423158 for reference.

It keeps giving me login error when i try to login via the google home app to connect Yi tech to google home. What should i do? I’m 100% sure that my login credential are correct.

Hi,

@caxtonlkc You will receive the error, “Your login attempt was not successful” when you are entering the incorrect email address and/ or password for the YI account. Use the same login account credentials used to sign into your YI Home mobile (iOS or Android) app. If you have forgot your account credentials, you can confirm by opening your YI Home mobile app. First you need to know your account email address. After confirming, click on “Forget password” on the login screen. Follow the steps to complete the process to create a new password. After your password has been reset use the correct email address and password to log into your account in the Google Home app.

I’ve successfully added my Yi Dome 1080p camera to my Google account but I cannot get it to display on the Nest/Home Hub or Chromecast displays. I either get a black screen which eventually displays the text “Smart Home Camera” or it tells me the stream is not currently available. Yi Dome running firmware 1.9.2.0I_201812141405, no newer firmware available.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue as sneakyb. Also my yi 1080 is not appearing on google home.

1 Like

Hi YI team,

@YITechnology Is there any outage or ongoing issue affecting the live stream from cameras to google displays? It tells me “sorry its looks like the stream is currently unavailable from “X” camera”

It works perfectly with Alexa and my Firestick but I cannot get any stream from my camera to show on Google displays.

Dear all, thank you for flagging the issue with Google Assistant today. It looks like there is a technical issue, we are troubleshooting it and checking what can be the cause. Please stay tuned and thank you so much for your patience!

1 Like

Categories