Set up YI Home cameras to work with Google Assistant

There appears to be a temporary outage (5.15.20). The issue has been escalated to the YI Cloud Team and it should be back up and running soon.

1 Like

@YITechnology Is there any update of the live feed issue on Google Devices?

I have created a case yesterday and haven’t got any update

but i use Facebook to login. I create another account with the same email as i use with Facebook. Is there a way to merge both of the account together?

1 Like

Hi,

@ascernas There was an issue with YI cameras not being able to stream to Nest Hub or Chromecast. The issue has been resolved. We have confirmed that YI cameras are now able to stream to Nest Hub. I personally tested the issue this morning and was successfully able to stream my YI camera to my Chromecast via Google speaker.

Hi

@caxtonlkc There is no way to merge two YI accounts. In order to link your YI account in the Google home app, you need to have a YI account that you created in the YI Home app with your cameras paired on the account. To further discuss this issue, please contact our customer support at support@yitechnology.com. Refer with this ticket #425050.

1 Like

Hi Patrick

I just tested and it’s telling me “sorry it’s looks like the stream is unavailable from “X” Camera. So it not working for me even when I unlink and re link the cameras

Hi,

@ascernas To further discuss this issue, please contact our customer support at support@yitechnology.com. Refer with this ticket# 425056.

Hi Patrick,

I already sent email to them since May 14th and no one has replied me back. Just got the automated email saying they received my email the same say, but nothing else since then. Could you check with them?

I unlinked the YI from Google and re-linked, now 3 of 5 cameras works fine (very slow stream BTW), those 2 that give me the error mentioned are Dome 1080p Camera and Outdoor one. Strange is that I have another outdoor that works fine. But for the Dome one is the only one.

The temporary outage has been resolved by the YI Cloud Team and it is back up and running now.

Hi,

@ascernas I see, so out of the 5 cameras you have, only the YI Dome 1080p and one of your YI Outdoor cameras are not working. What is the email you used when contacting our customer support? I will look up the email and correspond with you directly in the email thread.

Patrick,

It varies, sometimes are those, some times are the other ones. Something I noticed is that when the account is already linked and try to search for my linked accounts on google home app, the YI account only lists 3 of 5 cameras, but when I did the import/link all my 5 cameras showed up and I set them on its respective rooms on the app.

For instance, earlier I unlinked the account and re-linked back and now one of my YI2 version cams doesn’t work. Google doesn’t even recognize the name when I say “show me living room camera”. for the outdoor camera and Dome 1080p it tells me stream is unavailable.

I do use my Gmail account which is the one I use to log in on YI apps. I sent another email earlier to support@yitechnology.com. I don’t feel comfortable sharing my email here, so, is there another way?

If helps, the email is the same I am using for this Community.

Still no success for me trying to stream from my Home 1080p Dome camera. Same issue as previously described, either I’m told “Sorry it looks like the stream is currently unavailable from ‘X’ camera” or I only get a black screen.

1 Like

My camera has started to stream the feed to my Home Hub today.

Hi,

@ascernas I found your email and sent you a reply. I will work with you to resolve this issue in the ticket that was created with that email.

1 Like

Hi,

@SneekyB I’m glad to hear your camera is now able to stream to your Google Nest Hub.

@Patrick Thank you! I replied to that email

@Patrick Kami/Yi needs to fix this. Most people like myself will of set up an account via Facebook. One will need to be able to merge accounts if one has to make an account the other way.

I have the same issue as @SneekyB, I have 2 1080p dome yi cameras, one streams fine to my Google hub but the other one the hub informs me it is unavailable. Unlinked and relinked my account numerous times and the feed works fine in the yi home app for the none working camera just not when I want to stream to the Google hub. Weird that I have 2 identical cameras and one works with the hub and the other doesn’t…

Thanks

Edit: after trying it sometime later, it now works. Always the way when you mention something not working then decides to work…

Hi,

@Rymaan I’m glad to hear you are now able to stream both your YI Dome 1080p cameras to your Google Nest Hub. Due to the recent service interruption that has now been resolved, we are working with our internal team to make sure our YI Home cameras work properly when streaming with the Google Nest Hub.

1 Like

Categories