Set up YI Home cameras to work with Google Assistant

It’s not working for me either. Google Home tells me that the camera broadcast is not available. This happens to me in any of my cameras.

Hi @gaboo and @holamorato

Thanks for the heads up regarding the cameras not broadcasting to Google Home :clap: We know what the issue is and we’re now working on getting it back up and running. I’ll report back once I’ve been given word engineering has fixed the problem.

Why is it that you need a Nest/Google hub to view? Why can’t I just use my cell phone? It has Google Assistant and a screen which should be more than enough as I can see the camera on my Yi app on the phone.

This does not make sense to me.

1 Like

Not everyone wants to see the cameras from the phone. For me it is more comfortable to tell the Google Home Mini to show me the cameras on my living room TV.

1 Like

Thanks @Kami_Mark , we are waiting impatiently :smiley:

Just a quick update @holamorato the team are still working on this :wrench: Thanks for waiting impatiently! :sweat_smile:

Here also problems with streaming to my Google Hub, Cameras are visible in Google Home, but always a notification ’ stream camera x is at this moment not available’…
Once it works, but most of the time…not available.
I hope you can solve this problem, it is very enjoyable to see the cameras on the G HUB display.
Greetings

1 Like

Hi @thommy welcome to the forum! The team are working on it, so hopefully it’s back up and running soon. I’ll keep the thread posted as I get more info.

Hi, YI home camera aren’t compatible with Google home. I mean, they are recognized but you cannot stream video into Google home app.
Why this feature is not available yet??

2 Likes

Hi,

@luca.crippa88 Currently, the service to stream your YI camera that is linked in the Google Home app is working with Google Nest Hub and Google Chromecast with a Google Home speaker (Google Assistant). You mentioned you cannot stream video into the Google Home app, that is correct. The Google Home app will link the YI camera in app and allow you to stream or hide the camera using the following commands.

• “Show [camera name]”
  • “What’s on [camera name]?”
  • “[Camera name] on [Chromecast device name]”
  • “Play [camera name] on [Chromecast device name]”
  • “Show [camera name] on [Chromecast device name]”
    “Stop [TV/Chromecast device name]”

Thanks. Any possibility to have this feature also? I noticed that there is a large list of compatible cameras for this feature.

Hi,

@luca.crippa88 We are limited by the functionality Google allows from 3rd party cameras and this feature is not available to us.

Thanks, what is the best way to suggest to add this feature?

Hi,

@luca.crippa88 Unfortunately, adding the ability for 3rd party cameras to stream in the Google app would have to come from Google.

Welcome to the club! I am getting this for more than a month now and its ramdom on each camera. I opened case and still not resolved (BTW, they stopped replying me) . Not sure what is going on but since last big outage they faced, this feature is unstable since then.

Hi @ascernas what’s your ticket number? I’m happy to look into this for you.

Hi,

@ascernas I apologize for the delayed response. I replied back to you in the customer support email.

1 Like

Great news, worked perfectly fine for me, just some live issues. The Lenovo Smart Display had to reconnect to the live feed, but it worked great :clap:

Hi,

@Darkmoon I’m glad to hear your YI camera was able to stream to your device.

1 Like

Hey @Darkmoon that’s great! Thanks for letting us know and welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Categories