"Person Detection" moved to paid plan option in new firmware release

Would not even be that bad if the cloud was decent price. Google $100 a year unlimited cameras including 24/7 recording on cams that support that. I want my money back for at least the kamis since the website still shows person detection.

All motion detection has already stopped working on one of my cameras that has continuous SD card recording enabled. I am very disappointed, this is a clear case of bait and switch. I recommend everyone leave reviews of how they feel at the very least. I am frustrated and will now have to look for another solution.

2 Likes

Hi all. I’ve opened a case with Support but they only say there’re working on it but no news. Even in the same email they offered me an special discount to buy their cloud plan. Incredible.
Probably our local laws can do nothing about it but the way I’ll do is adding as much negative comments as I can in Amazon, where I bought my camera. For sure, recommend all my friend do not buy this vendor anywhere. It’s a really fraud what we are suffering. We buy a number of cameras with their SD Cards to avoid montly cost or whatever reason and now we can to keep our cameras just to look in real time. They didn’t advice about this anytime before buying!!! It’s a real fraud!!

2 Likes

I have 15 cameras. Each of them are in different city for remote checking my small businesses there.

Years ago I thought this is the only one company which offer everything what I need without extra plaid plan.

Now my cameras as not as describe in seller offer as on the box so I decide to return it to seller because of it.

I hope that YI managers will be annoyed about their distributors complains of loosing money.

And maybe then they will change something.

For now I am looking for better cameras set.

2 Likes

I will also return to the seller 4 cameras that are not doing what I bought them for.

2 Likes

Как это сделать? ,у меня такая же проблема ,в ответ на мои просьбы исправить проблему и выслать мне старую прошивку техническая поддержка присылает мне инструкцию как сбросить камеру к заводским настройкам и настроить приложение, они пишут мне это несмотря на то что я много раз им писал что проблемы начались после обновления программного обеспечения прошивки, они издеваются

I got sent instruction how to enable the detection of the firmware that I do not have any longer because I was pushed to upgrade. I need to roll back. This is unfair business and tricking all of the loyal customers into upgrading so we loose the features that were free of charge and are forced to pay for cloud subscription. Why is all camera view only available with cloud subscription? Another poor customer service decision that is making all of us customers look somewhere else. Keep your cloud subscription to storage and recordings availability for the ones that need it. STOP FORCING it on us!!! Just check how many of us a leaving and how the forum is full of disgruntled customers. Bad business decisions in a time where there are millions of other options :wink:

2 Likes

They push new firmware to the cameras and remove features. Do not provide an archive with previous firmware versions like any other respected company.
:smirk:
YI Technology, a Shanghai-based home security and action camera provider, belongs to Xiaomi Ecosystem . Its YI Home Camera made a hit in China. Currently, the company has 3.5 million active users in ten international markets.

1 Like

I got 30$ discount from YI support which I could use only wth annual plan to “restore” my person detection. What a joke! Guys, remember that now your cameras as not as descripbed and you have RIGHT (accoring to EU and proabably international law) to RETURN this shitty cameras to local distributor, even if it has 2,3 or 10 years. Yes, you can RETURN it even after 10 years becuase THIS PRODUCT IS NO LONGER WORKING AS DESCRIBED. Now we should advise each other, which of the brand will REPLACE our previous YI cameras. If you find something with build-in person dection please let us know here.

2 Likes

I think FOSCAM will be good replace: https://www.foscam.eu/indoor-ip-camera.html

1 Like

Categories