PC App missing cameras

@MilkinMore its not harsh at all its called being honest, something YI should consider doing with their advertising… you expect me to believe this company just didn’t know these new cameras didn’t work with the windows app and it was just a big accident that they still have it printed on the box even that they work with PC? NO it wasn’t an accident they knew the problem existed and they continued to advertise and lie saying they would work so they could sell a product that didnt complete testing… its foul and its probably not going to work out great in the end for YI… people are going to remember the company they sold them something that wouldn’t do what they said it would do and further more why don’t you put your pom poms up, stop cheerleading and understand the consumers side of things troll, we considered the price based on what the ad said the camera would do… being that it wont do what it said then the price is irrelevant.

3 Likes

@skinnidaniel Like I said you are being harsh. There are bigger things in the world currently that you need to get upset about. Yi will fix the issues that we find. Annoying? Yes it is but criticizing in the tone that you choose to express neither helps you or anyone else. Overall you can’t complain. I have Nest cameras as well that are overpriced and not that much better to be honest. I only use one of my Nest cameras now out of the five. Just watch and you will see Yi put any issues straight very soon.

@MilkinMore oh boy mr milk you sure set me straight🙄 man go On somewhere telling people how to feel and what to care about. Honestly it’s none of your business… if it doesn’t affect you why are you in the this thread constantly running off at the mouth… I mean is yi paying you to be a fan boy or is that just what you always wanted to be? A keyboard warrior fan boy? Get out front under YI’s desk…

1 Like

@skinnidaniel actually I’m just a realist and I see value in YI’s products even if there are a handful of issues. They can all be put right. Having manners didn’t kill anyone. You should try it sometime. I wish you all the best with your cameras and hopefully you will get the fixes you need very soon.

Just fix it and then it won’t be a problem. Simple.

I am also very unhappy with the misrepresentation of this product. Had I known that this is currently incompatible with windows 10 i most certainly would have purchased something else. With no timeline of when this may be fixed I am feeling fleeced.
If there is no response to this as to when it may be fixed then I most certainly will be leaving a poor amazon review, will return product, and will go and purchase something that does what it says its supoosed to do. terrible business practice.
The phone app works very well I might add, But I bought this camera to use with PC.

Why is this problem not resolved?!

Hi all, we now have a Beta Windows PC App for you to try out! There is one for both YI Home and Kami Home! Please feel free to try it out and let us know what you think! Thank you for your patience!

1 Like

There are now full releases available on the YI downloads page that will allow users to access their new cameras.

https://www.yitechnology.com/firmware/

YI Home App for Mac or Windows PC
Kami Home App for Windows PC

Categories