PC App missing cameras

Hello, I have 3 Yi cameras. 1x Outdoor cam, 1x 1080p dome cam and I just bought the Yi 1080p Home cam. I am using the PC app and can see the other two cameras fine. But, no matter what I do I cannot add the new camera to the PC app.

I want to be clear. I can setup the Yi 1080p Home cam without issue. BUt, after setup is complete the camera never displays using the PC app. I can see it using the Android App. But, I am trying to make a Live Feed Group using the PC app and have it open 24/7 and cant seem to add this camera.

Help, please!?

3 Likes

I’m a little confused too. I live in Canada and bought a Kami camera from Amazon.ca
I’m not sure why there’s two apps for Android, Kami and Yi. They both look exactly the same and both work with the Kami Outdoor camera, so why is there two apps and what’s the difference?

I tried the Yi PC app too, but it doesn’t detect my Kami camera.

1 Like

Yes I have an apple and it’s the same. It confused me some what. I just use the Yi Home app but cant get the wire free Kami cam to show up on the desktop version. Shows up on the mobile version though. They are looking into it.

I also just received two new 1080p cams and they do not show up on the PC app with my older 1080p cam. They do show on ios app. Please fix this

2 Likes

Hi @brithetechguy @ShocWave @rmas we have escalated this problem to our engineering department. Thank you for letting us know, this has recently been brought to our attention and we are working on a solution now. We will be posting an update to this thread as soon as we have more information! Thanks all!

2 Likes

Hi, I recently purchased the YI Home Camera 3 and paired both of my cameras just fine using the android app. But when I installed the PC version of the app with exact same login and on the same wifi network the desktop app doesn’t sync with the mobile app to recognize that cameras are paired to the account.

1 Like

Has there been any update on this. I bought six new cameras and now am fairly annoyed. The original six are up and running no problem, but none of the new ones are detected.

I am having the same issue as above. Is there any timeline on an update to this bug?

Same problem. The two older cameras show up in the desktop app but the new (Third) camera doesn’t. All of the cameras are fine on the iOS application

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

Unfortunately, if you purchased a recently released YI or Kami camera, these cameras are not currently compatible with our YI Home and Kami Home PC and Mac desktop applications. We continue to update even existing camera lines with newer and better chipsets. An unfortunate side effect to this is the loss of compatibility with the PC and Mac desktop apps. Newer cameras will only work with our mobile app versions for iOS and Android. If you own older camera models of our YI and Kami cameras, they will still function properly with the PC and Mac apps.

We are continuing to update our family of apps and are looking into adding functionality for newer cameras into the PC and Mac desktop apps in the near future. Please check back and we will keep you in the loop.

2 Likes

@asianmortician @sawdust @miles please refer to the above message by @ftc.

Welcome @miles to the Kami world. There will be issues in some areas but I for one have seen that YI does listen and work on fixes. It may take time for some issues but it will be worth it especially when one takes in mind the price and quality.

Man that sucks. One of the reasons I bought more. It was only a month later.

1 Like

@asianmortician I am working on getting this fixed, please give us time we will make this happen and get back to you

1 Like

I’m able to view my YI Home 1080p cam on other computer programs but YI Home for windows will not show my camera. What am I doing wrong.?

Hi @Baylee and welcome to our community!!

Reposting @ftc’s response to this question for visibility:

Unfortunately, if you purchased a recently released YI or Kami camera, these cameras are not currently compatible with our YI Home and Kami Home PC and Mac desktop applications. We continue to update even existing camera lines with newer and better chipsets. An unfortunate side effect to this is the loss of compatibility with the PC and Mac desktop apps. Newer cameras will only work with our mobile app versions for iOS and Android. If you own older camera models of our YI and Kami cameras, they will still function properly with the PC and Mac apps.

We are continuing to update our family of apps and are looking into adding functionality for newer cameras into the PC and Mac desktop apps in the near future. Please check back and we will keep you in the loop.

I absolutely agree!! This sucks!
I’ve had old two of them and bought yesterday another two from the same link on Amazon and received the new version with Ai+ :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. I can’t use them with PC app for Windows!!!

Welcome to our community @Beliy21! I am so sorry about that, but we are currently working on making this happen. Thank you for your support!

I have no choice but to warn people on Amazon that these cameras will not work anymore on windows. I will be also be giving a low score until this is resolved.

1 Like

@Baylee Hello. That is very harsh and what is the point in you doing that? So there is an issue with the cameras not working on windows! Big deal. Look at the quality and price of the cameras overall! Be patient and realistic. Life could be much worse.

2 Likes

Categories