One of my camera will not scan the QR code

I bought three cameras and two of them are working just fine. The third one is the issue. It will not scan the QR code. What should I do? could it be defective?

Hello, thank you for posting. Please try the troubleshooting steps from the link provided below. Let our customer care team know at https://www.kamihome.com/contact if you continue to face problems.

https://help.yitechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/9932272737179-QR-Code-Not-Scanning

Same problem. Camera worked for months, suddenly disconnected. All other cameras still worked.
I attempted to re-connect the camera.
Power down, reset, etc, even reset router and had the camera right next to the router for setup.
I get to the part where it tries to read the QR code, and nothing happens.
I know the QR function works, I can read these codes elsewhere. I went to the QR code reader in the account/help section of the phone app, and the QR code reads fine.
I have 9 cameras, the Yi 1080p, and the others function.
I took one of the working cameras down to the location of the malfunctioning camera to verify that the signal is OK. That one would not connect, either. When I put the previously functioning camera back to its original location, it would no longer connect and I get the same error when trying to re-connect.
I recently purchased 2 new outdoor cameras, and they both have the same problem, the QR code will not read. In addition, the language on the 2 new cameras is not English.
I removed the SD card to test and still no connection.
I have sent several emails, but each response is the same, the tech does not read previous emails and tell me to do the same steps, ALL of which I have done repeatedly.
I supplied all the information asked for. They want to replace all 4 units. Is this the only option?
If I cannot rely on these cameras working reliably in the future, it may be best to scrap all 9 and get another brand.
ticket number: # 1127090
Posted on several threads, in hopes that someone can help.

Categories