No alerts created

Hi, the camera work and clips are recorded in the cload but no alerts are created. I deselected the camera from home/away, set schedule to 24 by 7, motion and baby cry is on.
Restarted the camera (yi 1080). It does record and i can se clips in cloud only issue no alerts at all. Any suggestions what is wrong?

1 Like

Hi Pancho, thank you for joining the forum! When you say no alerts, do you mean you are not getting an alert notification when the app is closed? If you are seeing clips in the cloud I’m guessing that there must also be 6 second alert clips in the alerts section of the app… or is this not the case?

I have a similar problem. I am using yi IoT on a Huawei P Smart with Android 9. When the camera detects motion or sound it records and I can view the recordings via the app. However no alert sounds, dot or other indications appear on my phone. Notifications are enabled for YI IoT in the phone and app settings.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app and the camera but no luck.
It all works fine on my wife’s iPhone.
Please will you help?

Hey a couple of things to try, I assume you are getting notifications from other applications ? If not maybe do not disturb is applied?

Another thing would be To go ahead and look at Battery optimisation and check the setting for adaptive battery.

Adaptive Battery under Settings > Battery to turn it off for all apps. But this is probably overkill. Instead, you can disable battery optimizations on a per-app basis by visiting Settings > Apps & Notifications > [App name] > Advanced > Battery > Battery optimization

Check any other power saving controls on your phone. Also any background data settings, any mobile data saver settings

These are generally the reasons Android fails to send notifications. These are just ideas to try apologies if they don’t solve your issue. But worth a try.

Thank you for the advice. I have tried all these things but without success. I think there must be an incompatibility between YI IoT and the Huawei overlay on Android 9. I have no idea how to fix this.

Sorry it didn’t work. I’m not sure what else it could be other than as you feel a compatibility issue between the app and the operating system of your phone.

I guess the only other issue would be to try a different phone but I realise you should not have to.

Keep us updated on how the issue progresses and what is done to fix the issue. Might help other people who encounter the issue.

Categories