Night vision not working

Hi Yorkshire, any suggestions?

The only other thing I did was carry out a software update. Could this have caused the problem ?

If you have reset it and there is no change. Looking at the screen grab you have provided it looks like either the infrared lights are not working: switched off or they are faulty.

From what you’ve said they are enabled in the app.

Did you try the inside test - I.e simulating night time conditions/environmental?

What is the outside light like? I assume it is dark enough for the infrared night vision to illuminate?

Outside conditions are good IR switched on in the APP. As soon as local street light turns off around 1.00am the night mode does not work.

Does the infrared led illuminate? If you could test indoors it may help diagnose what is wrong here.

It sounds like hardware.

What does the IR light look like ? White?

Went to a closed room and a red ring of lights appeared around the lens… I assume this it the IR Light?
It seems to work at a close distance as you will see on the attached but and further away does not illuminate like it did when I first had the device. Any suggestions (or won’t let me upload the video)
appreciated

Hey guys - apologies for the delay. Was away for the day so just getting caught up tonight. I am sorry to hear you’re having night vision issues. That’s frustrating.

I am going to bring this to our support and engineering team. If you have any questions let me know and I will jump in and do whatever I can.

thanks for your patience. I will be in touch touch soon with an update.

Oddly enough, after using the cam in a completely black room and forcing the IR on, last night in the moonlight it appears to be better !!! See screenshot

1 Like

Thanks for the update! Still working with our team for a little more info. Keep us posted on any changes and thank you for sharing the helpful screenshots! :slight_smile:

Started working after resetting and deleted app and reinstalled camera as a new one! However just took out batteries to charge and once again now they are put back in the Night vision does not work!!! Does this help as I don’t want to reinstall the cam every week

Oh NO! Can you try resetting and deleting/reinstalling the camera again? I would also update the firmware and app to the most current version.

Let me know how it goes.

Just had to reset the camera and then reinstall plus reinvite other users. The Night mode works again. However not ideal doing this every time the batteries go low!!
Any suggestions welcome

Thanks for the feedback! That doesn’t sound ideal at all actually. Sounds like a terrible experience. Let me chat with the team internally and get back to you with more info.

Thanks for your patience!

Hi Steven_Kami, any chance you have a fix for this issue? Stumbled across this forum in search for my own answers to how to fix both my cameras that no longer have night vision.

What model of Yi/Kami camera are you using? When you say no longer have night vision what do you mean? When the environment is dark so the IR LEDs not light up ? Or do they light up but no image is shown.

Thank you, the image is completely dark if there is no ambient light in the room. Turning on the Ir light option does help with seeing objects that are close, but it is blurry. They were not always this way and it was possible to see a dark room before. I know one stopped working in July, it was working fine one night then dark the next. Not sure when the other one stopped working but I noticed the same recently. I’ve reset them and reinstalled, to no avail.

They are the dome indoor dome cameras -

YI 2pc Security Home Camera 3 Baby Monitor, 1080p WiFi Smart Wireless Indoor Nanny IP Cam with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Motion Detection, Phone App, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CW4BVU4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_wPxksWEZUgCQm

It is likely this is an hardware issue. How long ago did you purchase the devices ?

In March of this year, is there anything that can be done with a hardware issue?

Hi there. Where did you purchase it from? If it was direct or Amazon go back to the place. If other places I would try

https://kamihome.com/contact/

Hopefully you will still have the sales receipt. That will assist greatly

2 Likes

Categories