Night vision not working

Just had to reset the camera and then reinstall plus reinvite other users. The Night mode works again. However not ideal doing this every time the batteries go low!!
Any suggestions welcome

Thanks for the feedback! That doesn’t sound ideal at all actually. Sounds like a terrible experience. Let me chat with the team internally and get back to you with more info.

Thanks for your patience!

Hi Steven_Kami, any chance you have a fix for this issue? Stumbled across this forum in search for my own answers to how to fix both my cameras that no longer have night vision.

What model of Yi/Kami camera are you using? When you say no longer have night vision what do you mean? When the environment is dark so the IR LEDs not light up ? Or do they light up but no image is shown.

Thank you, the image is completely dark if there is no ambient light in the room. Turning on the Ir light option does help with seeing objects that are close, but it is blurry. They were not always this way and it was possible to see a dark room before. I know one stopped working in July, it was working fine one night then dark the next. Not sure when the other one stopped working but I noticed the same recently. I’ve reset them and reinstalled, to no avail.

They are the dome indoor dome cameras -

YI 2pc Security Home Camera 3 Baby Monitor, 1080p WiFi Smart Wireless Indoor Nanny IP Cam with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Motion Detection, Phone App, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CW4BVU4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_wPxksWEZUgCQm

It is likely this is an hardware issue. How long ago did you purchase the devices ?

In March of this year, is there anything that can be done with a hardware issue?

Hi there. Where did you purchase it from? If it was direct or Amazon go back to the place. If other places I would try

https://kamihome.com/contact/

Hopefully you will still have the sales receipt. That will assist greatly

2 Likes

Hey @Sara We offer a 1-year warranty on our hardware. Once you contact our support team, send me your ticket number and I will make sure things move along quickly.

1 Like

Categories