Night vision clicking

Hi. I have a 1080 Dome camera. It makes a loud clicking noise when switching to night vision (and back again). This happens several times when it’s dusk. It’s too dark not to have night vision turned on… Any ideas?

1 Like

How loud? I’m just wondering. When they restart they kind of make this click sound but not loud. Just a mild sounding click. Does your camera perform well, aside from the clicking sound you mentioned?

I have a dome cam installed inside a window sill looking out a bedroom window. When the room is quiet in the morning and the light is changing, the night vision clicks several minutes while the light adjusts enough to keep the day mode on. In a quiet room it can be noticeable.

2 Likes

My 4 dome cameras Do the same. A very noticeable click sound switching between infrared and standard lens. Can this be fixed with firmware?

1 Like

Hi Dan, sorry this can’t be made quieter with a firmware update.

Hello, what about disable IR lens switching in settings? Because I have it for newborn baby near window and at the morning Clicking sound is really annoing and camera switching lenses maybe 30 times, depends on tree and sun / clounds. Not possible sleep close to camera :confused:

I have Yi Home camera 1080p

1 Like

Hey @mtrakal does it still click if you turn off the IR light in the app settings?

@Kami_Mark yes, it make clicking noise when IR is off: https://photos.app.goo.gl/pMjSFQ1M3WdcQxMx7

We have the same issue. Using this as a baby monitor and it clicks back and forth in a room where nothing is moving or changing. I wish that we could tone down the sensitivity as the image is clear both with and without night vision active.

@mtrakal and @bgould I checked with our head of tech support and it is normal for cameras to make a click when switching into night vision. I will raise the sensitivity concern and perhaps we can adjust the threshold at which the camera switches from day into night vision.

what about add the possibility to disable switching lenses? I don’t need for baby sitter night vision BW lens, but need absolutely silent mode :slight_smile:

Hey @mtrakal unfortunately there is no setting in the app to do that.

Categories