New Arrival from Yi

I got the first one on pre release 1 per customer and ordered a second one when the went on general sale from the Yi store official on ali express.

I paid €55 for it and 52 for the subsequent one. An absolute steal. . That said I have a pretty favorable rate on ali express as I probably spend between 6 and 8 thousand euro a year on it!

1 Like

Can you power them via usb?

Using Outdoor Power Kit 2 Gang Switched so don’t have lots of room for a plug

1 Like

No Gary. These are powered by a plug, as the power required for the built in light and camera movement is likely too high for USB

1 Like

A transformer type plug?

Yes. And a euro one at that so needs an adapter

Mounting the camera to an outdoor junction box with plug connections inside would sort it

1 Like

Any idea when it may be available in the uk?

1 Like

Why don’t you sell these in the YI shop

1 Like

It would be nice to have a corner bracket available for this camera

1 Like

What did you use? Does it have to have a transformer type plug?

1 Like

Yes comes with a EU transformer plug and a port to take a cat 5 cable from the router if you choose.

I used a UK euro adapter on the plug and didn’t bother with the cable from the router as the WiFi connection is very good where it is

1 Like

There are brackets available on the market that will suit this if you want it on a corner of a building

1 Like

Nice where did you buy it ? AliExpress?

1 Like

Yes, from the “Yi Official store”

They’re good to deal with if there are warranty issues and usually best price

1 Like

Found the brackets on eBay where do they get the price’s from a bit folded metal

1 Like

They’re actually rather expensive anywhere I looked even in China.

1 Like

I’ve installed the second one of these on Friday. Frustratingly it has stopped working today after only 4 days. The first one is still working fine but this lasted 4 days. Stopped responding, led lights came on and when I power cycle it l, it simply doesn’t respond and the led lights remain on

Tried resetting and no response

I’ve replaced it with a 3rd one that arrived today.

Rather disappointed

sigh

1 Like

That’s terrible @Brian Thanks for sharing your experience. I wish it was a better.

Let me check with our team on what the plan is for this camera so we can best resolve your situation.

We will do whatever needed to get this straightened out for you.

1 Like

I haven’t had much success with a solution to this.

Pretty much radio silence

Poor form

Hey @Brian let me send you a direct message. Unfortunately, I was out for a couple of weeks and getting caught up on all requests. I apologize for my delay. Please check your forum inbox.

Just to clarity my post above. I haven’t had to replace this camera 3 times…I replaced it once.

I’ve purchased 3 cameras. 1 is working perfectly for over 5 weeks, number 2 stopped working after day 4 and I replaced it with camera number 3 which is working perfectly for the last few weeks.

I can’t help but think it’s a software issue

Categories