My yi camera is not connecting to google home app as i want to connect it with my google home / nest hub

Hello. I am from Pakistan and I have a Yi camera which is connected to the app and it works wonderfully. I also have a google home/nest hub and I wish to see the live camera stream on it too but when I try to connect it with the google home app using the same instructions, it does not connect after I give the login details and it says " check your connection and try again " / error, try again later. I have tried it on multiple devices, both android and ios and there is no problem with my internet or camera. Kindly help me and inform me that does Yi smart cameras still have compatibility with google or not?

Same situation. Impossible to link yi camera service to google home with same error message. Region Germany

Please set your region as United States and try connecting again.

After succeded to relink the camera, by some miracle (not US region) i get the same error i ve unlinked the camera in first place…Sorry, it looks like the stream is currently unavailable

Still no solution for that.

just like some others my camera suddenly stopped working with my Google Home Hub.
so I unlinked it and tried to relink it with no luck. I have turned hubs off turned them back on again and even reinstall them still not working. so could all this trouble be down to Google.
Could it be down to Google wanting us to use their nest cameras not YI cameras?

Can you take a look at @Steven_Kami post in the following thread for assistance on this issue. Thanks

Unable to connect my yi cameras with google

I have had a look at all the post from steve_kami and have tried out lots of his Solutions before I had even seen his post and still i have no solution to the problem.

@Aleksandrs @Cataron @urbanbushwacker Please try these steps to trouble shooting this issue.

Here are some trouble shooting steps to try. We are looking into this further now. But please try these steps:

Step 1: Create a YI user account and set up a camera

1. If you haven’t already, please download YI Home app or Kami Home app from the App Store or Play Store and create an account
  2. Follow the instruction to set up camera(s)

Step 2: Connect YI Home devices to Google Assistant
  3. Download and open the Google Home app
  4. Tap the + symbol at the top left.
  5. Click “Set up device”.
  6. In the Set-Up page, select “Works with Google” at the bottom.
  7. Under “Add devices”, search “Yi Home Camera (if using a YI camera) or Kami Home Camera (if using a Kami camera)”.
  8. In the next step, select the region of the YI Home or Kami Home account. Enter your YI Home or Kami Home account email and password. Click “Login” to authorize Google to access your devices.
  9. Once linked, select cameras from the list and add them to a room.

Step 3: If you are streaming to a Nest Hub, make sure the device is set up. If you are streaming your camera to a tv with a Chromecast and Google speaker, make sure the device is set up.

Step 4: Control the YI Home or Kami Home cameras with Google Nest Hub or Chromecast with Google Nest speaker.
  10. To show the camera, you can say “Okay Google",
  • “Stream [camera name]” (Nest Hub)
  • “Stream [camera name] on [Chromecast device name]” (Chromecast w/ Google speaker)
  1. To stop viewing the camera, you can say “Okay Google, stop” or "Okay Google stop [TV/Chromecast device name]"Note: Cross compatibility is supported with the use of either the YI Home or Kami Home app.

If these steps do not help, please send the following: Camera model, phone type, phones operating system, app version (make sure it is up to date) and the region in which you are located.

We are looking deeper into this and appreciate your patience. Any feedback you have will help us solve this. Thanks :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to say but it seems like you’re not actually reading through my post.
the account was set up the cameras were working fine on Google home hub and then they just stopped. i unlink them and then try to relink them to my google account and just like others in this post I cannot relink.
Thanks.

@urbanbushwacker Thanks for your patience. And, I apologize for any confusion.

Can you please provide…

Phone Model. Android or iOS

App Version. Make sure its up to date.

Yi or Kami Home app

Where are you located?

Hello steven
android version 9 samsung note 8
yi version 4.80.5-20210127
and i have tried both the yi and kami apps I even set up a new account with a different email address and still did not work.
london england.
many thanks.

Holy Dooley ladies and gents I just tried to re link my camera to my Google account and it worked. I can now see my cameras on my Google Home Hub once again.
I would just like to say I didn’t do anything special in the set-up but for some strange reason it just started to work again? so hopefully all you guys out there will be able to get yours working with any luck. Good luck chaps and thanks.

Finally made it work by simply touching The camera icon on nest display. Before that the voice command didn t work. Hope i ll never have to unlink and relink The camera again .
Good luck to you all Still having working issues!

1 Like

Awesome! Glad to hear this worked out. Maybe this will be helpful for others having similar issues.

Thanks!

Categories