Motion detection not working help

Hey @Mlarsen Thanks for all the feedback. That sounds frustrating. I am sorry this has been your experience. Lets see what we can do to get this figured out together.

Have you recently updated your firmware?
What camera model do you have?
What app are you using? Yi Home or Kami Home?
What version of the app are you on?
Are you using Android or iOS?

I also recommend going to cloud.yitechnology.com, logging in with your app credentials, select “Orders” in the upper right corner, then select, “Manage Plan”. Make sure all your cameras are synced to your cloud account. Test motion detection.

Keep me posted on your progress.

1 Like

HI, I have the Yi 1080p Dome Camera with updated Yi Home app and firmware version 4.6.0.0A_201908271549. I’m also not getting notifications in the app when motion is detected. It, at one time, did work, and now after maybe a handful of months it’s no longer giving me notifications. I only use it when I’m in away mode so it’s been a bit since I’ve used that mode. I’ve tried adding in the camera again, doing a full reset on the camera, reinstalling the software and checking to see if the firmware was up to date (according to the app, it’s up to date). Nothing really seems to help. Video seems to record just fine and I can play everything back on the app, but I’m just not getting motion detection alerts any more.

Hey @jeremyc711 What version of the app do you have? Is it the newest release?

I am having the same issue. I’ve deleted the yi home camera app and downloaded the kami app. I have 2 cameras they are the same. My phone is an android. Also my camera will automatically turns off at times. When I turn it back on I go in and turn motion detection back on. I’ll check camera will be on and motion detection or activity zone or both will be turned off. This has been going on for several months. I contacted kami company and they suggested I use kami app. So I’m using it but it still is not working properly. HELP!!!

I also update my app when it says to.

Hey @Judy22 Thanks for coming to the community forum for more information. I am sorry to hear you’ve run into this issue.

What type of cameras do you have?
Can you send me the ticket number you received from our support team so I can take a look?

Many thanks

https://kamihome.zendesk.com/hc/requests/ ticket #593812
My cameras are the YI 1080. I uninstalled the one in my kitchen yesterday from the app and reinstalled it and it seemed to be running okay but today it keeps turning itself off. I also have one of the living room that does the same thing but not as frequently.

Hey @Judy22 Thanks for sharing your ticket number. This is a pretty old ticket. All the way back in January. Have you contacted our support recently to report this new problem?

It’s not a new problem. It was never fixed. I tied every thing they told me to do down to downloading the yami app.

This problem as been happening for months?
When did you purchase the cameras?
Are you a cloud subscriber?

Thanks for your patience. I am really sorry its taken so long to get you straightened out.

I’ve probably had both cameras almost 2 years. No I have not purchased the cloud. Yes it’s been happening for months. I’ve deleted one camera from my app and reinstalled to the yami app. I deleted the YI home camera app as suggested by the company and downloaded the yami app. Nothing has resolved my issues.

That’s supposed to be kami not yami. 🫣

Yami! I like it :slight_smile: @Judy22

Im gonna send you a direct message with some info I think will help. Can you confirm for me your location? Are in the US or EU?

Ok thank you!! I’ll be on standby. I’m going out to eat so I’ll respond when I can.

I’m in the United States. Do you need anymore info?

Nope :slight_smile: that will help my get the right info. Thanks for the quick response

I have just purchased a new camera and disappointed to find the smart detection / motion detection keeps turning itself off each time I exit the app. The camera firmware is updated and I’ve also updated the app. I purchased the camera and the corresponding subscription primarily to detect people coming onto the property. Please help as currently the camera is completely useless :frowning:

Categories