Motion detection not working help

Hi my 7 cameras motion detection keeps turning off too, has anyone heard what the issue is?

That is really strange! I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience as a result. We are currently looking into this right now. As soon as I know more, I will let you know.

Can you try deleting one of the cameras from your app, rest, then go through the pairing process once more. Once connected, test your notifications.

Please let us know how it goes. It will be really helpful data for our team.

@Kaynine1981 can you send whether you are using iOS or Andriod? Many thanks

I’ve reset my dome camera 3 times now with no change. The camera doesn’t report any alerts. Everything in settings looks great. I’ve uninstalled the Yi app on my android 3 times now. Even tried the Kami app. I’ve reset my router and modem more times than I can count. All cameras have 100% signal strength on a 100mb/sec connection. Since noon today I’ve received almost zero alerts. And the alerts that did come through are predominantly on a single camera only. Any fixes on the way?

Please check our forum thread where we sent a few troubleshooting questions to help point us in the right direction.

Hello I’m from Brazil. I own some YI Home 1080 cameras and have recommended this product to friends, family and neighbors. However, a few days ago one of my cameras (identity BFUSY44XPXPF6B201027) started to fail in the warning system. Although the configuration is normal and it is working, there is no logging or sending of motion alerts. It does not record for small seconds and does not indicate any activity. I’ve already done the turn on, turn off, restart and redid all the settings, but no alerts are generated and no notifications are produced. How to solve?

1 Like

Hey @felipenove thanks for coming to the forum for some assistance. I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you update your firmware and make sure your app is the most up to date?

Are you using the Yi Home or Kami Home app?

Hi, I am using Yi Home. By the way, a friend’s cameras arrived and, in YI home, it is no longer possible to view the short videos that were freely stored in the cloud. That’s right? Because of this strange behavior in his app, I chose not to update mine.

Hey @felipenove Thanks for the feedback. We understand your hesitation to update.

We value our community. Your feedback is important as it helps us create a better app for all to enjoy. We are aware of the issues with video playback and are actively working on a fix. Please check back in 48 hours for an update. Thank you for all your support and patience.

@Steven_Kami When do we expect a fix for the auto turn off of Motion Detection?

@gu6nikon We have fixed the auto turn off for motion detection. Have you updated your app? If you are still having this issue can you send me some info to help

Can you send me your operating system?
Phone model?
App version?
Firmware version?

Hello, the problems continue. Motion alerts arrive (and you can only view the image at this time in “FAR” format). When clicking on alert, the image is not obtained and the types of plans for hiring cloud storage appear. Another thing is that it is impossible to share the small 6-second frames via whatsapp or any other application. For that you need to open it in card mode and try to find the movement and then record the image. Honestly, this app update was a disaster. And worst of all, all the people I’ve pointed the cameras to are upset. I had bought several more (which are to come) and I am very discouraged.

@felipenove I feel your frustrations. This app release was not ideal, no. However, we are working to fix all that has been broken. You do not lose any capabilities you previously had with the new release, the layout is just different. We are releasing another update this week that fixes everything. Again, no features were lost. Keep a look out for an update from us

Exact same problem here. Even had the cable co come out to inspect my connection. The alert function went haywire after the update. I’m looking forward to the next update that fixes this. It’s a shame that poor software has rendered a great product unusable. The point of security cameras is to get motion notifications and record video. I hope future updates are more thoroughly rested before being released to customers.

That is the plan @broach1804. We learned a lot on these release. It definitely did not meet our highest quality standards and vow to do better moving forward. We appreciate your patience.

The same problem with alerts persists. 24/7 recording to the cloud without issue. Motion detection is completely dysfunctional. I’ve reset cameras, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the yi app nearly every day hoping an update will fix this issue, and I’ve power cycled all cameras to no avail. My cameras would pick up a bug flying in front of the cameras before. Even wind blowing plants around. Now I’ve got 1 camera that only works at night and flawlessly I might add. Then it stops recording all day at nearly the same time every single day. Others will record to the cloud without missing a beat, but will not report alerts for motion detection for hours. Then randomly an alert comes through. The update may have fixed some issues but it certainly did not fix the alert issue.

Hey @broach1804 Thanks for reporting this on the forum. We are working to get this resolved quickly. That is definitely strange. I am not sure why 1 camera would work only at night but stop working during the day. Is there any connection issues maybe?

What version of the app are you using?

The cameras are now going hours without logging a single motion alert even though I can watch smooth video feed on my PC for 10 or 15 minutes randomly with multiple motion events occurring and no alert is issued. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the yi app on my phone again today. No change. There is not a connection issue. This is confirmed by the continuous video feed that is stored on the cloud as well as watching live video from my phone or PC. Data transfer speeds observed on my PC app are solid as they always have been. Nothing in my home has changed except for the app update. All 6 of my cameras worked flawlessly before this recent update. I’ve had to cancel my cloud service moving forward as the system was purchased to view motion alerts. If functionality can be restored before I have to replace the cameras I’ll sign back up for the cloud service. Things aren’t looking good thus far. I’ll stay tuned for any updates.

Hey @broach1804 Thank you for the detailed feedback. I am sorry to hear this is causing such trouble. Would it be possible to send me a false motion alert clip so I can share it with the team? If so, email me at steven@kamivision.com.

Thanks for your patience while we look into this and improve.

I’ve had a wireless camera for over a year now and the motion detection has continued to become less sensitive regardless of the settings and resetting the camera. Over the last 3 months it has stopped working completely, failing to detect motion even just inches from the camera. After my last battery recharge it did record a few alerts while I was reinstalling the camera, but that was the end of it. I’ve recharged the camera and reset it a number of times in the past, so I’m confident I’m not doing anything wrong in that regard. It’s pretty disappointing. The SD card isn’t capturing anything nor is the cloud service I’m paying for. Seems like my only choice is to buy a new camera and expect 9 months of good service life or try something new.

Categories