Kami Wire-Free Outdoor Camera Users

For those who have had a chance to use our Kami Wire-Free Outdoor Camera - We want to know what you would like to see in our next Kami battery camera! What features do you see being a great addition? Share those creative ideas of yours! :bulb:

1 Like

So far I’m loving it. I would like to see activity zone settings. Also human recognition would be useful. I have issues with lots of rabbits running across my property at night and would love to filter that out!!! Lol.

3 Likes

@MilkinMore activity zone on battery camera is definitely a good feature, as well as AI to identify the alerts caused by moving animals and cars and as an option a user should be able to choose if he wants to see animals/cars related alerts or simply wants Human alerts. We are working on next gen battery camera and will incorporate this. in this version our goal was to make battery life maximum, alerts classification was not a priority because of time to market.

1 Like

Love the camera in the flexibility of placement being wire-free. Looking forward to updates on the firmware adding other options may be a possibility of loop record if someone wanted to.

2 Likes

I am interested in a wireless camera with rechargeable battery and solar panels to keep the battery charges so after mounted in a difficult to reach location it can operate in excess of a year with requiring accessing the camera. I want to be able to maintain recordings of motion activated action for a period of no less than 8 days, preferably 30 days without the obligation of a subscription, (DVR). Camera quality should allow color night vision and ability to identify subjects recorded at distance of 100 feet or greater.

1 Like

Hello,
Kami Wire-Free outdoor Camera is a great product. I live in Canada and have been using it since past few weeks and so far it has been great. There were a few glitches when there was snow and it lead to a few false alerts; however, after a few firmware updates, the frequency of false alerts due to snow flakes at night has reduced considerably.

2 Likes

Hi Grace. I am in Saskatchewan and I am loving how well the camera performs in our cold climate! Yes I agree with the snow flakes. Appears to be resolved now!

2 Likes

Aloha,

I have been using the camera for about 30 days now in Hawaii. The wireless feature is the best and the install was so easy to do compared to wired setups. The battery life surprised me the most. At first, I thought I would be charging the batteries every week, I was wrong. Days and weeks went by and I was still at full bars. The app was very user friendly. Great job on the build and can’t wait for the next gen.

I would like to suggest some ideas for the next gen. Maybe you guys can design the camera to use a 20700 or 21700 battery. Depending on the performance specs of the battery, you may get even more run time. Activity zone feature would also beneficial on your next build. This may help on narrowing down when the camera will trigger. Also, if you could use a multi ball joint mount to get the ideal camera position. In some applications, the camera can only be mounted in a certain area without a perfect view. A multi ball mount would solve that problem.

2 Likes

Hey there. Yes I totally agree with the mount. I can’t get the best view point that I would really like as the mount is not adjustable enough. Also I just logged into the YI App on my PC and my 3 Yi Cameras are showing up there but not my Kami wore free. Yet on the mobile app they all show up. Could we fix this please as I like to view all cameras at once on my PC. Cheers.

1 Like

I have the same issue. My original cameras show up on the PC and phone apps, but not new cameras added. They show up only on the phone app.

1 Like

Hi @bbill66 we are working on next generation battery camera product we are looking to get feedback on few new features 1. We are adding AI that would classify as Human detected 2. We are going to add some spot light 3. Activity Zone and 4. Add a Solar panel.

@Chris808 for next generation product we are doing a custom battery pack. This is mostly to improve the life and battery safety.

@MilkinMore We will take this request to R&D and see when can this be done. thank you for the feedback

1 Like

@rlbecker this is a good suggestion we will take the request to R&D will get back to you on the news when this can bed done

Thank you for responding and acting on this. We appreciate it.

1 Like

Yamin:

All good ideas. The spot light should be able to be controlled by the user. I would not want motion detector to activate spotlight and chase off intruder before the camera picture is clear enough to identify the intruder.

Bill

@bbill66 we will be adding this suggestion in the PM wishlist thanks

Would also like an activity zone defined for this camera - I get lots of false alerts due to moving plants that could easily be avoided with an activity zone. Is it possible with the current camera that I just purchased with a firmware update?

4 Likes

Agree with that also.

1 Like

@tsiang888 @MilkinMore This is definitely something we are looking into! And no hardware changes would be necessary, it would just be a firmware update!

2 Likes

Categories