PIR Sensor Going Off All the Time

Hi.

I currently have 2 cameras at my home and the front one goes off all the time. I have been reviewing the footage and the only movement I can see is car alarm flashing lights.

Would that set off the PIR?

Any tips on how to stop/control it?

I currently have Kami Wireless

Thanks

To put it simply - yes the flashing of the car alarm will set it off.

Sadly at this time there is limited things you can do. You could look at the placement of your camera.

Take a look at this thread Kami Wire-Free Outdoor Camera Users

It’s a discussion about this camera. It would appear some have used things to limit the view of the camera lens.

@Steven_Kami any ideas? I don’t believe Kami Outdooir Wirefree is equipped with motion detection sensitivity or motion zones yet?

No. Wireless doesn’t have zones yet. Frankly I’m surprised there is an issue with too many notifications because kami wireless motion detection is pretty terrible for reasons discussed before.

I’ve set up a new kit with one camera in a particular circumstance where i use a smart PIR linked in to Smartlife. The motion detection is brilliant almost zero false alarms. When I do get one I can then look in on the camera. Linked in with a led light to turn on after sunset if motion is detected.

Good ideas mate. And this is how I use Smart technology / IOT, I don’t rely on a single device I have it supported by at least two devices often different devices.

Therefore if I get multiple alerts from devices monitoring that area I take action.

Some motion detection works differently some on heat signatures, some on body mass, some on pixel changes and some on other things. But I find using multiple protects my property in line with what I want and those of people I help set up or help consult on.

And my advice if you want an all singing all dancing security cctv system you have it fully wired and installed by a professional company. But that costs much more money than what customers who buy IOT cameras want to pay - yet some seem to want the same level of operation.

2 Likes

That is correct YorkShire. Wirefree outdoor is not equipped with specific motion zones yet. Battery powered cameras have different capabilities based on power requirements.

@cio2001 Thanks for coming to the community for more information!

Will you try going to the settings of the wire free camera, and adjusting the alert frequency too low? This should turn down the number of alerts your seeing.

Let us know how it goes.

I have just recently installed the latest release of firmware in my Kami Outdoor Wireless camera and this problem with over sensitivity seems much better. Obviously, Yi have taken on board all the complaints.

Version 5.1.0.0A_202012031537

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @icecandy We are constantly improving the functionally of our cameras. We take all feedback very seriously. The forum is great place for us to engage with our users and make those necessary improvements.

I recommend updating your firmware and testing your camera for a day or so to see the improvements.

Categories