Kami Doorbell Push Notifications not working

Hi!, I recently installed the doorbell and started sending notifications, but suddenly it got reset, once I configured it again I wasn’t able to get notifications (i.e. the people rings it but nothing gets notified).

I noticed the recordings do get saved (I saw them in the app).
I tried reinstalling the app (both Kami App and Yi Home App) without luck.
I tried many configs (it never-ever play the chime in the app by the way).
I’m about to factory reset the doorbell but I put it under a physical protection and it is not easy to remove, so I haven’t have the chance to do it yet.

Some suggestion?, this starts being too annoying.
No need to say, that to have a doorbell that does not notifies is frustrating not just for me but for the people that is ringing it :slight_smile:

Hi, @ignaciolarranaga Welcome to the Community!

Thanks for sharing your experience with the Kami Doorbell, and apologize for the inconvenience.

I’ve seen you’ve done some basic troubleshooting on your camera.

Please reset the doorbell, fast press the Reset button(less than 1 second). It should fix the problem.

If the issue persists, please send an email to our Technical Support: kamihome@support.com

Have a great day! :blush:

I hope your reset did the job. Mine does not chime on my phone either but it will chime all of my Alexa devices that I authorize in the app. Go to your Alexa app on your phone and select your door bell. It will bring up options. Turn on doorbell press Announcements. Select a tune that you want. Unfortunately, depending on the speed of your internet, it can take about 10 seconds to play the tune and announce that someone is at the door. If you are away from home I just have to rely on notifications on my phone. I really need to make it ring so it gets my attention, let me know if you figure it out. Oh, I forgot to say that it does ring my mechanical doorbell but I did not use the power stabilizer as that defeated the ring.

Categories