Introduce Yourself!

Hey @SecureSteve Welcome to the community! We are also looking forward to your cameras arriving. By the looks of it, it should be pretty soon :crossed_fingers:

Great question! We are actually working on something with our partner Cove. The service is launching this Fall. You can join the waitlist to be the first to know! See the link below

https://kamihome.com/cove

Thanks Steven, they arrived and all installed. Really pleased thus far, fingers crossed they continue to be this stable.
Had a look on the cove website, looks gd but also looks very much aligned to the US market.
Have you something in the pipeline for the UK ??
Cheers
Steve

@SecureSteve aw, man! Yeah, Cove is for the US market. Unfortunately, nothing in the pipeline for the UK at this time :pensive: We are continuing to expand our offerings so stick around while we grow.

Glad the cameras arrived and are installed! That’s important for your peace of mind.

Hi. I’m from the USA and live in Washington State in the Pacific Northwest. We’ve had our YI camera system for a couple years and have enjoyed them. Joined here to try to get some help on why I can’t seem to access the cloud service I just purchased.

Hi
I am from the UK. Just received my Y1 Security camera last night. Just wanted to boost up my home security. So hoping this is as good as it sounds.

1 Like

Have you bought a memory card yet? Make sure it is an endurance card

Great camera - I have 5

1 Like

Hi Yes. I got the EVO Sandisk 64gb

1 Like

Has anyone had to extend their power cable to reach their power source? I am installing the Camera outside. My nearest power source is my garage. Ive measured the distance to my plugs and its 9.5mtr. So I need a 10mtr cable. I am in a quandary. Do I buy a 10mtr power cable with a 3 pin socket ( I’m uk) or do I buy a 10mtr USB extension cable with a male female attachment. What have others done. TIA

Hi Nick. Ive just put a post up about extension leads for power. Could you have a look and let me know your thoughts please?
TIA

1 Like

Can you install outside socket?

The single boxes will work fine. Ip rated.

1 Like

1 Like

I could but still need 10mtr of cable.? Its actually cheaper to run a cable with a socket straight to my plug in the garage.

1 Like

Conduit to protect cable. ?

Same time put power, lighting in shed :grinning:

2 Likes

Hey @Nando1 Welcome to the community! Thanks for joining :slight_smile:

Yi cameras are a great addition to home security and the community is a great place to learn more to keep improving your system.

Thanks. Ive been really pleased with how easy the Camera was to install and set up. Good quality pictures and videos.

2 Likes

@Nando1 thanks for the feedback :slight_smile:

Good morning. We have been with Yi since Nov of 2020. We joined because our neighbors recommended your product. Our entire block has purchased and equipped our neighborhood with cameras. We are hoping to make our communities safe and aware. We would like to be able to know what people think, know and have learned about the YI system that can help others like us. We like our cameras. We purchased 4. Three are outside and one inside. Happy so far.

1 Like

I am having the same issue.

@Mitchellfam Welcome to the community! So glad to have you.

That’s AWESOME to hear your entire block is using cameras to protect the neighbor. When we work together, we can accomplish great things! That’s really cool that your neighbors recommended Yi. Stick around. We have big plans for the future :slight_smile:

P.S. Are you neighbors members of the community?

Categories