Introduce Yourself!

Hello there! Thank you for joining our Kami Home forum! We’d love to get to know more about our Kami Community and hear what you think.

Here are some questions you can answer to help us get to know you better:

1. How long have you been a YI and/or Kami user?
  2. How did you hear about us?
  3. What are you hoping to get out of this forum?
  4. Are there any topics you would like to see added to our forum?

If you have something else in mind, no worries! Feel free to share something else or just say hi, we won’t bite! :smile:

6 Likes

Hi there. I’m in Saskatchewan, Canada. I have been using 3 Yi cameras for approx 2 months. 2 indoor cams and 1 outdoor cam, thanks to my wife bringing them home and now my wireless outdoor Kami camera for almost 2 weeks. Prior to these I was using Nest. Also I must point out that I use the outdoor wireless Kami and the Yi outdoor cam outdoors in these Canadian cold temperatures with no issues.

7 Likes

I am Yamin Durrani, and I am VP of Sales and Marketing at YI. Live in US San Jose CA. Immigrated to US in 2003 for studies. I have passion for DIY solutions specially for home.

I have been at YI since 2018, love the work environment and the innovative products that we offer. I am here to answer any of the community questions and talk about our new products as well as what we can do to improve our product offerings.

8 Likes

Hi All - My name is Gaurang, COO of YI!! I am a technologist - started my career as an Analog IC Designer and spent the next 25 years in the Semiconductor Industry; last 15 in Operational and Business roles!! I am excited to be at YI as we deliver on our promise of building the best smart home security products at an affordable price point!!

Please share your thoughts and I will do my best to provide meaningful answer!!

6 Likes

Hello, I have been a Yi technology camera user since 2016. I first stumbled upon them when looking to add cameras to my security system on Amazon. Started out with two and I’m up to 9 now. They are a great way to watch over my property while I’m away and also to catch those funny moments with kids and animals around the house. I live in Iowa using these cameras some of them have been outside and have worked flawlessly in below zero temperatures. I recommend them to a lot of people, friends and family that may be looking to get cameras. They are easy to set up and easy to navigate. I also really like the option to have an SD card and record locally especially with wired cameras being on Loop record. I also own a Yi action camera and dash cam as well. Look forward to many more options and advancements in the technology. I’m hoping by being a part of the community that I can provide input that may help to better the technology and the app for features in the future.

5 Likes

Hello,
I am Mizbah Fatima from Mississauga, Canada. I am a Computer Science engineering graduate and work as a Technical Recruitment consultant here. I work in collaboration with Yi technology to help in their hiring process. I immigrated to Canada in 2018.
I have been using two of YI’s products : The indoor Yi Dome Camera and the Kami Wire free Outdoor Camera. I have two kids aged 3 and 6 and the camera helps me keep track of their activities while I am in another room or busy to be actually present around them. The indoor dome camera is a great product and I even suggested it to my family and friends. I bought it from Best Buy Canada. Kami outdoor Camera is very useful as well. I heard about the products through friends and have been a happy user since.
Through this forum,I hope to get to know of any new products from Yi/ Kami which i could use for my home. They are by far the most economical and handy (Easy to use) products I have seen in the market.

Thank You
Mizbah

5 Likes

Hi Guys, :wave:
My name is Mike residing in the U.K.
I have been using 3 Yi 1080p Home Security cameras for nearly a year and loving the gear.
Happy to contribute whenever needed.

5 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Kash, SEM/ Paid Acquisition Manager at YI Technology. Been in the marketing team at YI for a few years now and happy to meet you all here in our new forum. I’m a home automation geek and techie at heart, so I buy every smart home device I think I could possibly use, and obsess over ways I could others.

I’d be happy to discuss any topic related to smart home security, cameras and gadgets.

~ Kash

4 Likes

@Pyrozman29 thank you for your support, we hope we continue to provide affordable high value products

@Grace thank you for the intro, we look forward to your feedback on Kami Products

@MilkinMore thank you for using YI Cameras, hope you add to our outdoor battery camera for outside home security

1 Like

@MilkinMore thanks for the contribution on this forum, really appreciate your inputs

1 Like

I’m Samuel the Manager of YI Technical Support… Born and raised here in the East Bay, Ca. I have 30 years in consumer and Enterprise Technical/customer support.

I have been at YI since 2019 with an focus/goal of providing a 5 star support experience.

3 Likes

Hi Everyone! I’m Marissa, and I’m a part of the marketing team here at YI Technology. I’m in charge of Kami Home’s social media pages (in the U.S.), I also film all of those great videos of Chris that you see on Kami Home’s new YouTube channel! And, I get the pleasure of working with all of the amazing Early Reviewers who get to test out our new Kami Home products! I love photography, which I’ve managed to work into my role here :grin:, and I also enjoy reading and traveling in my spare time! It’s really nice to meet you all, and I look forward to getting to know you better! :hugs:

5 Likes

Hey! This is Sylvia – Brand and Marketing Manager of Kami Home. My role is to ensure all Kami users and potential users have the best brand experience with Kami Home and that all our values correspond to our customer’s needs. My background is in psychology and marketing, my passion is in translating complicated tech to user-friendly language and experience. I am also a blogger sharing exciting insights about living in the U.S. and California.
I hope you’re enjoying the growth and development of all things YI and Kami and that you make yourself home on our forum! Welcome and I can’t wait to get you to know you all better.

3 Likes

Hi there, I’m Mick, located in the U.K. been using Yi Home camera for a few months, mostly positive, but still attempting to find a solution to the dreaded alert ‘File fail to load’. Hopefully I can contribute to the forum.

2 Likes

Hi there I’m Audrey From Missouri. I am a NEW Yi cam user. Hope to fine answers to some of my questions here. Thanks

2 Likes

Hi @Billywhizz! Welcome to our community! We are happy to have you!

Hi @CHDANGELMOM! Happy to have you as part of our community! Thank you for joining us!

1 Like

Thank you very much warming community :wave:

1 Like

Categories