Faulty IR lights?

Hi,

I bought some cameras in February but only just got round to setting them up.

One camera is fine but the other camera seems to be switching the brightness of the IR lights every 3.5 seconds. This isn’t a major problem in itself but when the brightness changes the motion detection is triggered and a notification is sent.

Is this a faulty camera or is there something that could cause this to happen? It’s as if there’s 3 settings of IR level… Low medium high… Additionally, I’m fairly confident it’s the IR level changing as the other camera was picking up the changes in a small section of its view.

Cheers

Dan

Hi,

@danielz000 I apologize for this issue with your camera. Just to confirm, are you saying the physical brightness of the IR lights are changing from the camera or the brightness when viewing the camera in the app? Are you seeing this occur during the day, night or both? What camera model do you have? Is the firmware for the camera up to date in the app? Please let me know.

1 Like

Hi Patrick

It seems to be the brightness of the IR lights adjusting every 3.5 seconds. I can see this occurring when viewing on the app (I can’t see IR with my naked eye).

I’m certain it’s the IR lights on the camera changing brightness as the second camera (in the living room) can also see these changes in brightness if I leave the door to the hallway open.

The firmware is up to date (4.5.0.0C.201910080934), the camera is a standard 1080 indoors camera (with no dome/pan feature). They were bought in a twin pack together.

Cheers

Dan

Is there another light source in the room? I’ve found that if there is a second light source in the room it can trigger the ir, usually with a click, it will get really bright and dull down again. Removing the second light source stops the problem.

1 Like

Hi Brian,

There’s no other light sources in the hallway, it’s extremely dark. Occasionally there’s a little bit of light from passing cars but I don’t imagine this would be the issue, especially as the brightness adjusts every 3.5 seconds without fail and regardless of if cars have passed or not.

With that said, I guess i’ll try and cover the glass just to be sure.

Would I be right to assume the lights have 3 levels of IR brightness? If so, what would the trigger be for these lights to adjust their brightness? Is it possible to fix the brightness so that it doesn’t change?

Cheers,

Dan

If it were me I would move the camera to one of the other locations or as you said, cover it.

The IR lights aren’t adjustable that I’m aware of, but I know on the outdoor cameras you can turn off the IR completely- which I’ve had for do with a camera that has an issue.

At least if the camera is causing the same issue in the other location and vice versa with the forget camera you will know it’s a problem with that camera as opposed to the e environment

1 Like

Hey @danielz000 if you put the camera that is working normally in the same location does the same thing happen?

Categories