Faulty IR lights?

Seems like I have the same issue, but mine doesn’t adjust, just turns on and off… Super annoying…

Mine is a Yi Kami Outdoor Camera (wired), at firmware 4.7.0.1B_201908131630.

I hope to get a solution. Maybe turn off auto-adjust somehow?

I am using the 1080p camera. I also have the issue with “Exposure chasing” or possibly “IR brightness chasing” under normal usage. The sudden change in either exposure or IR brightness causes the image to become pixelated every 3-4 seconds. I think this is basically the automatic adjustment algorithm being too jumpy and not smooth enough.

As far as I know, there’s is no manual adjustment to the exposure / night mode. I stick my dissembled camera’s lens directly into the peephole and it’s a hit and miss with the exposure depending on how much light gets into the lens. I kind of wish for some manual control as well.

Hey @accountname0 welcome to the community! Thank you so much for joining.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head. It has to do with the placement of the camera and light exposure. Great feedback on more control of the IR settings. We take feedback very seriously. It’s how we improve.

You can also go adjust the cameras distortion level through the camera settings and turn the IR completely off if needed. Hope that helps!

Going back to the “exposure chasing” issue, when comparing a Yi camera to a Xiaomi camera both at 1080p resolution, Xiaomi is superior for the purpose of baby monitoring because its algorithm does not do the “exposure chasing” and the picture quality remains intact. However Yi camera 1080’s image constantly moves due to the chasing and is rather annoying when doing monitoring.

I would recommend a baby monitoring mode where the camera can employ a different adjustment algorithm to ensure we see more of the details, and be less reactive to the lighting condition.

1 Like

My cams switch at ridiculous rates. I’ve had to turn off IR completely, and NV is now useless.

@accountname0 Frustrating indeed. I really appreciate the feedback. It’s important moving forward. That exposure seems to be complicated and definitely something for us at least, that can be improved by positioning.

Anyways, we appreciate the feedback and are working to improve always.

Categories