Can't view SD card from previous day's.

Hi,
I seem to be having the same problem as other people where I can only view events from today on the SD card, and if I want to look at events from previous day’s it says no events available.

I have used the cameras for a few years, & just bought two more to add to them, but this now makes them useless, is it a recent update that had caused this problem?.

Regards
Adam

What platform are you using? What make and model of cameras? Many thanks.

1 Like

Hey @Adam72 thanks for coming to the community for information on how to resolve this.

Have you tried reformatting your SD cards and reseting the cameras?
Do you have any other SD cards you can switch and test to see if the problem is reproduced?

Thank you for your patience. I apologize for any inconvenience as a result of this. I will be in contact with more information tomorrow.

I’m using two yi cameras & recently added two Kami cameras, I’ve had the yi cameras for over two years and I think it’s a recent update that has stopped you being able to look back at previous events on all four cameras, which now makes them useless if that option has been taken away.

I have just checked the cameras and it will let me look back at yesterday’s alerts, but won’t show me any alerts at the end of February.

I think the problem seems once you’re into a new month, you can’t look back at the end of the previous month, just saying no alert today.

Could you try using the Kami Home app if you are currently using the YI Home app? You can use either app and you log in with the same credentials.

What you are experiencing I am not seeing on my iOS devices. But I will try my android device to see if I have the issue you are getting.

It could be a reinstall of the application too might help.

Update - I grabbed hold of a android device and the issue is not on that either.

When you say a recent update in your first post of this thread, was that to the application or firmware of the cameras? I would try before formatting the SD card to delete and reinstall the application.

Also you could try removing the SD card from one of the cameras and using a computer see if the footage is available that way. I make the assumption that you are using the basic cloud offering (6 seconds cloud storage)?

1 Like

I am using the yi home app on Android, and all four cameras are the same, they won’t show me alerts at the end of Feb.

I haven’t got the cloud set up just relying on the SD cards, that’s the reason I went for these because you had the option to use the SD cards.

I will have to look into the Kami app, but the yi cameras have been working great and never used to have this problem.

When did you update the cameras recently? Was that a firmware update via the app?

Or do you mean the recent YI application update?

Hi
Thanks for the reply, I was just assuming it was a recent yi application update, or the two Kami cameras that I purchased last month.

I think they might be blocking that option, because they ask for me to choose your security free or premium, and I don’t won’t a subscription.

If you select free it should add the free service like you have been enjoying with your Yi cameras. The free subscription is the six seconds.

Thanks for the reply, that’s the problem it doesn’t allow you to select the free option, only a free 7 days after you’ve added you card details.

Ag right ok. I would be tempted to delete one of your kami cameras from your system and reinstall it from fresh. The application and or voice prompts should Indicate when a reset is required.

You should be able to just add it as an additional camera to your system.

I think from the message you have said you can just skip or close that.

It could be there is something with your actual account which may require Yi support to investigate.

Do your two YI cameras no longer work either ? And is that since you attempted to install the Kami cameras? Did the kami ones ever work ?

Hi,
Everything is working but I can’t choose the free back up, I think I’m going to return these Kami cameras as I think they are geared up to subscription only.

I did send a email to return them yesterday but not had any reply, do you know the procedure for the 30 day returns.
Thanks

Where did you buy the cameras from. And which kami cameras are you using? I think there maybe one which requires cloud subscription. But I’m not sure that is still sold now though.

My understanding is that they all come with the lifetime six seconds cloud alert and you can use SD cards in them.

If you bought from Kami store it is directly through them to initiate a return. If you don’t get a response let us know here and I will flag a Kami colleague who will be able to help further.

I did buy them through the Kami store, and I have sent an email yesterday and not had a reply from them.

Is that the Kami EU store? Where are you based ?

It was from Kami store EU, I’m based in the UK.
Thanks

@Steven_Kami - hi Steven. Can you help to arrange the return and refund of some Kami cameras bought from Kami Store EU. An email was sent without an acknowledgment yet.

The Kami cameras, despite troubleshooting, won’t connect to the customer’s existing Yi account using the Free six seconds plan.

Cheers.

1 Like

Thank you YourkshireUser

The cameras in question are the Kami mini.

The cameras are sold to UK citizens via Amazon UK store. There was an offer on the YI brand on Sunday which I provided details for.

Here is what I posted

Amazon is running a deal on the YI Dome 1080p camera this Sunday (February 28, 2021).

Get the white version for £24.49 delivered > https://amzn.to/3b204uS

The black version is priced delivered for £25.49 > https://amzn.to/3q5ghDQ

The above prices are based on stocks available through the lightning deal - after which the prices may change.

Compliment either with a high endurance video monitoring 64gb San Disk SD card > https://amzn.to/3r1nA0P

So why not use the Amazon UK offers and extend your YI devices and protect more areas of your home and what matters to you?!

Keep safe, keep well YI & Kami Forum family.

prices will have changed now though from those stated

Categories