camera see only white and color lines. also cant turn on many time

Hey as i was update for the last firmware the camera make a lot of problems.

many time it loops on and off when i turn on.(try with SD card and without)
also some time its turn on the blue light is study and when i press on wifi it turn off and on again.

and some time i do abele to connect via app but the photo and video all white or color
you can see the pics.
i also try to connect to support via email and didn’t get response in a week

Hello. That looks like a faulty piece of hardware. Did it ever work normally?

How long have you had the camera? It looks more than possible interference.

Looping in @Steven_Kami if you supply your support reference number Steven may be able to chase this up with Yi support.

I assume you have tried the reboot (turn off then on again) and tried a reset of the camera and this experience pertains?

thanks for the replay.
i have this cam about 3-4 year.
i use it less then 10 times and it work perfect until now it was sit in my draw.
i recently try to use it again and all work fine but the battery was drain fast so i order from YI 3 more battery.
and last week i try to use it and it ask for firmware update so i do it via app after that it just not work properly again.

the ticket number is:

also i have try to reboot\hard reset\ try another SD card\ try to downgrade to the older version with no luck…
so i want to know if it can be fixed or its trash =\

Just for completeness. When you say you asked for the firmware - was this via the Settings / Camera Settings option?

Prior to the firmware update how was the camera functioning?

Could you advise your camera model (indicate if Yi or Kami) and the firmware version please?

i have asked for update via the app YI in my phone when i connect to the camera wifi it made the update.

before the update the camera was very good i have many video and pics from there.

this is the camera:
yi action camera.
in the sirial is 23L
and the versions is:

do you need any more info ?

Thanks for this. Hopefully @Steven_Kami will be able to comment more as I have very limited knowledge of the Action Camera and aware it is now discontinued.

1 Like

Hey @inflictioN We are no longer supplying firmware updates for the Yi Dash Cams.

The best thing would be to do a factory reset on the camera. Here are steps to do so

1 Like

thanks but i try this many times without luck =\

@inflictioN That’s frustrating, thank you for trying. Let me inquire with the technical team and get back to you with more information.

Have you created a Ticket with our customer support?

i have try but they say they cant help me because i don’t have warranty =\

We provide email support to anyone @Kami_Nick Can you create a ticket for @inflictioN? Let’s get them taken care of

Will do. @inflictioN, I sent an email to you.

1 Like

Categories