APP CRASHES WHEN ATTEMPTING TO VIEW CAM FEED ON ALL TABLET DEVICES

Everytime i attempt to view any camera feed the app crashes. This bug seemingly only affects tablets as mobile and pc feeds works fine, the same issue happens on ALL my tablet devices (have tested on samsung tablet, acer 2-in-1 tablet, firetab, and ipad)… the Yi app loads but when u click to view any cam feed it will crash instead of loading the password screen. It DOES however load fine if i view the feed in 4x4/multi-view mode, so it seems that most likely this has something to do with the screen resolution in the souce code of the app. i have submitted multiple support tickets, bug error reports, and feedback via the app for months now and nothing has been resolved… i pay for multiple cloud subscriptions and have for years and own mayb 10 different yi devices but if this isnt fixed soon i am switching to another company. Your products are useless if i cant even see my cam feeds that i pay for!

1 Like

Hello @mzuniga3, sorry to hear that you’ve encountered some issues with the application. Currently, the YI Home app is not yet optimized with tablets, Chromebook, or iPads, you might experience some issues with its features or functionality.
For now, we recommend using a mobile or PC device to view and access your camera properly.

Not a great response there Kami-Nick,

I have two tablets, a Lenovo Tab E10 and the app works fine. I also have a Lenovo Tab M10 and have the issue where it crashes everytime i try to view a camera from the main screen post login. Irrespective of if the app is ‘optimised’ for a tablet it should still work, right?

Optimising is different to it being functional - so why is the app not even working on tablet devices for some users and it continues to crash?

Hello @scottjosephsmith, thank you for your insights, great to hear that it works fine on your tablet. However, the app is currently designed to be used on a Mobile phone or Computer. If the app is installed on a Mobile Tablet platform it may or may not perform properly, unlike how it performs on a smartphone or computer.

Does Yi not see it as an issue that it’s customers, who pay a monthly subscription, in this day and age of device diversity, still do not have tablet support for their devices… I mean u don’t even have to do anything, they make sites that will automatically rewrite your source code to support multiple platforms, so y is Yi is forcing its customers to pay for a subpar user experience when literally every one else when the write an app they support all major platforms & devices. Think this will be the thing that finally causes me to cancel my 3 separate cloud subscriptions which I’ve had for years now; and the sadest part is Yi’s customer service seems indifferent to that fact…they just don’t care.

1 Like

@mzuniga3, our developers are working on to improve the application.

Are there any updates on this, how are your developers prioritising this issue. If this was a Bug raised in Jira within my busines,s we would have scoped, tested, regressed, deployed a patch and rolled this out as a new RC by now, its been over a month>?

Categories