Alert icons differ

When I get alerts on my two cameras I get the outside view icon on my front camera and on my rear camera I just get a picture of a camera icon. All my settings are the same on both cameras. Any pointers out there to solve this issue?

Hi, @Klearbar1 Please try these steps:

1. Launch the App
  2. Select the gear icon on the camera’s thumbnail
  3. Scroll up to the bottom to toggle off and on the Video and Photos.

Have a good one! :slightly_smiling_face:

That worked. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Cool! Don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions. Be safe! :blush:

I can not manage to do it. He keeps showing a photo instead of an icon.

Hello. This happens occasionally.

Did you try these steps?

1. Launch the App
  2. Select the gear icon on the camera’s thumbnail
  3. Scroll up to the bottom to toggle off and on the Video and Photos.

Once you have done this the Screengrab of your camera will be shown for new alerts only.

1 Like

Hey @dhuynh the steps listed by YorkShire are correct. If you follow these instructions this will be cleared up.

Please let me know if you’re still having trouble.

Have a good one!

Hello Steven,

I just download the app kami home and yi home, but the option Notifications “Video and Photos” is not longer available.!

It is very annoying. I don’t want a 6 sec preview from the cloud. But just want to click on the icon and immediately play what has been recorded.
Something has changed. It was possible to do that.

Apologies for my earlier advice. The app on both iOS and Android were updated recently and appear to have removed that option in the camera settings.

What you are experiencing I have had on occasion and eventually it does correct itself. I agree with you though it is annoying.

A suggestion would be to delete the app and reinstall it or try the Kami Home app instead.

Your alerts should work though but you won’t be able to see the thumbnail.

Hello All, thanks for your patience. Let me checkin with our team on this one and get back to you with a little more information @dhuynh

Thanks for your patience! I hope all is well

1 Like

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not work. Kami home and YI home.

Steven, Thanks in advance.

Hey @dhuynh thanks for your patience. I am going to followup with my team and see if there is any backend reason as to why this would be happening.

Are you a cloud subscriber?

No, I’m not a cloud subscriber.

Do you have any news yet?

What does the icon mean that looks like a x with a circle in it… It comes on when you turn motion tracking what does it do?

Categories