ADS in Kami Home & Yi Home, is this true?

I’ve also just had the advert and am fed up with them. I use SD cards and don’t need a subscription. I’ve got 8 cameras and will be replacing them all. I will also post about these ads on other forums and hopefully if there is a drop in sales of these cameras, then it will force them to rethink their policy. I would never had bought these cameras had I known that ads were intended for the future.

1 Like

I also have many cameras and find this beyond annoying-

Picture this:
It’s 2 am
I hear a camera alarm in the driveway
I tap on camera …………
An ad WITH SOUND COMES ON
And you had to wait 10 seconds for the ad to end before you can look at the camera to see what the alarm is for

SO
I HAVE WRITTEN THIS REVIEW FOR EVERY CAMERA I HAVE BOUGHT TO WARN THE CONSUMER-

GO DO THE SAME !!!
Write this in a review

I will never buy again

It is a downright sleazy thing to do after you’ve bought the camera or 6 of them like me

1 Like

Is this a joke? Post an advt in response to complaint about showing ads!
Don’t need your apology, stop these aggressive ads.

They couldn’t care less, they want eyeballs to make money, if you don’t like the ads just don’t buy our camera is their arrogant attitude.

They have not disappeared.

That is strange. I do no longer get them when I start the app on my iPhone. It just happened to get an update of the Kami app today and I’m still not getting any ads. Hopefully it stays this way, otherwise the camera will go in the waste bin!

Time for a camera change. I don’t need to watch an advert just to check a notification which could be time-critical on a system I have paid for!!!
Any ideas on which camera system is the way to go?

I fully agree. I hope their greed ends the future of the company. They are asking for money for a product that I have already paid for once. It works on my network, with my router and my electricity.
I recently bought a new camera and never thought I would ever buy a kami again and I encourage my friends and relatives to do the same. BTW the camera I bought is quasi-family because it’s a Xiaomi that can save to my own NAS, no my data circulating on foreign servers.

We are sorry for the trouble. We would like to offer you an exclusive discount on our ad-free subscription. By subscribing to our premium plan, you can enjoy uninterrupted access to all the features of our app without any ads. Please contact us at https://www.kamihome.com/contact so we can further assist you.

OH piss off with the constant nonsense about great subscription offers…

1 Like

Oops! They did it again!
Unfortunately I have to revise my previous post. Unfortunately, since the last update of the Kami app on my iPhone, the ads are back. Before the update I could just view the images from the camera, but since today I have to tap away an annoying advertisement with a loud sound! So the discretion is completely gone now. So Kami hasn’t listened to their customers anyway. The camera initially worked without advertising due to probably a problem with adding the advertising due to region restrictions, but they have now apparently addressed that problem. If this annoying advertisement continues for the next month, the camera will be thrown in the dumpster for good and I will never buy a Kami product again.

1 Like

It’s a bizzare business model. Quite how they’ve managed to get any GENUINE positive reviews all for the app or on Amazon is strange.

They made a brilliant product. The 720p then the 1080p cams were great. pan Tilt cam fantastic. Then destroyed everything they had built including all customer loyalty with a series of reckless decisions.

It’s impossible to rely on Yi or Kami products for security at this point.

1 Like

Horrible. Bait and switch . Nothing else to say.

I have been getting more and more ads. The app was never very good but at least there wasn’t a subscription, I have had a couple of cameras for several years and they are going to get binned.

Now all they can say is “Please buy our subscription to solve the ads that we added”.

No, we don’t want to buy a subscription. We would buy Ring if we wanted that.

Hey isn’t that TEMU getting sued now for using that cctv spyware. And I only wanna use my sd card too but cloud subscription adds keeps annoying me by popping up. Like they’re trying to gangster people into buying their storage. And anybody that has a smart remark just because we don’t wanna purchase Cloud storage must be working for them getting free storage. Matter of fact I thought about googling to see if cloud getting sued because this ain’t right !:confused:

Today I got a new Amazon AD with very loud music. These invasive ads are getting worse every time. Kami/Yi crearly doesn’t care about their customers but only fast money. However, they forget that retaining customers is much more important than a single customer being driven away due to stupid advertisement that ruins their own products because they can’t be used disctretely anymore. Now I’m looking at the Reolink TraxkMix. They have good reviews and you can find many reviews on Youtube. The image quality is also WAY better than Kami/Yi products.

Why did you even put SD card slots in the cameras if you don’t want us to use them and only want to sell subscriptions?

Because of the intrusive advertisements and the increasingly poor image quality, I took my Kami Outoor camera off the wall and bought a Reolink. I should have done this much earlier. Great quality, much better than Kami/Yu and a beautiful app that works just fine without any ad clutter. I should have done this much sooner!

I just joined this forum to say I will be removing all Yi Home products from my home due to the complete intrusion of ads and spyware into their products. I deliberately bought these initially because of the ability to store images in SD cards, without needing subscription to cloud services. Now these ads have made the product unusable, and mysteriously the SD cards functionality and notifications seems to have ceased. I will be removing this Chinese crapware full of spyware from my home and replacing with a different brand. Deliberately downgrading and hampering your own products to manipulate customers into buying a cloud subscription. Outrageous!

Categories