6 seconds for detection doesn't work

Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I bought the YI 1080p. When it detected some kind of movement i recieved the notification but i couldn’t see the 6s video, it says something like that “get kami cloud to see the videos - update to start recording on the cloud - learn more” if I press learn more it goes to kami clould and says try it free. So i did an account and did the 7 free days then it started working and showking the 6s video, but after the 7 days i’m in the same position than before and have the same text.

How could i watch the 6s videos?

Best regards

Oriol

Hi @oriol i have the same problem and i still wait here: 6 seconds not avaiable

Did you subscribe to Kami Cloud after the free trial?

Good morning,
Is it not possible to have the old alerts without photos? You have transferred all the intelligent part to the cloud (what a great fantasy!). It would be enough to send an alert every time you see a face or a human being, not six seconds that you have to store, with obvious costs on your clouds. It is obvious that if you do an analysis on the cloud you can also detect the number of pigeons that pass before dinner.

Hi @Steven_Kami

How should I do that? I have an account and i did the free trial but I don’t see the option to do anything less besides paying for a subscription

Great suggestion @Lawrence123456 ! We are considering something pretty similar to what you’ve described. As we move forward, we optimizing and making improvements. Keep the suggestions coming :slight_smile:

Thank you for your reply. We all know that six seconds per alert on your cloud is a significant expense for you. You used it to publicise your cloud service and it was a very good initiative. But a simple alert as it used to be is enough. 1- human presence detected 2- human face detected-please connect to your cam’s memory for details. You also have to consider that recording on your cloud six seconds and viewing even with the camera turned off is a big problem for privacy, as you are forced to keep everything in memory on your servers, even in those cases, i.e. 90%, where no authority cares about the data of that specific camera.

so no solution to not seeing the 6s videos?

1 Like

Hey @oriol When did you create your account with us?

about october 15th more or less

As part of our continual improvement to user experience, certain features may move around to simplify the usage.

For New Users who created their YI Account on September 1, 2021, the 6s alert videos are no longer available on the free plan.

For Existing Users can still view the 6s alert videos on the free plan.

Please let us know if this answers your questions or if there is anything else we can help you with.

@Steven_Kami So, this explain everything. Thanks

1 Like

Yeah. That’s a shit answer. Get fucked dude.

This is no a good news.Remove 6 seconds free you call improve user experience? Noooooo

Its a internal decision above my head :slight_smile: We have incredibly affordable cloud plans that make your experience that much better. Gives you access to the full clip, download directly to your phone from anywhere, camera replacement to help ease any costs. While you have a sub, we will replace any broken cameras free.

I know well above my head. It is very smart to lock-in customer inside company cloud…until you became a customer too. I repeat: if a features is possible by the chip, just -do-not-touch. For features done by your cloud I am glad to pay. So we need just a sms(Human detected on your cam) not all 6 seconds!

I have had my camera’s since 2020 but I can no longer watch the 6 second clips either. Can you help? This is sooo inconvenience and the clips were a big reason why I purchased these cameras (I use some indoors as a baby monitor). It’s quite poor customer service to advertise a certain feature to increase sales then 2 years later suddenly take that feature away and call it an improvement!!

Categories