1080p YI Camera crackling/static sound?

Thanks for coming to the forum for more assistance @Cha_UK I am sorry to hear you’ve been having static noise issues, that is an annoying one. Has the camera always made this sound or did it just recently start?

I have 4 cameras in my house (2-720, 1-1080 dome, and 1-1080) and for the most part all work well, except for the 1080p non-dome camera. From the very beginning it’s emitted a static/crackling sound when watching live or reviewing video. I’ve tried moving it around and re-connecting it to my 2.4ghz wifi network with no changes. It’s unfortunate because the other cameras seem to work well. Is there anything else I can do to fix this?

Hey @KS_cameras Thats unfortunate. That static sound is a real bummer.

When did you purchase the cameras?

I would recommend contacting our support team at www.kamihome.com/contact. and, if under warranty, replace the camera. If you contact our support let me know and I will do what I can to move things along quickly.

Hello, I am having the same issues and tried everything to fix this, I also get abnormal sound detected and it just picks up some static/ crackling sound, I don’t know how to fix it and when I want to check the camera live there is nothing I can hear over the static/crackling sound, please help

Hey @Sonja08 In regards to your concern kindly check if the Firmware of your camera is up to date.

To check the Firmware of your camera, do the following:

1. Launch the YI Home/Kami App.
  2. On the Welcome page, tap on the name of the YI Camera you want to check the Firmware of.
  3. Tap on “Settings”. (It may be found at the lower right part of the screen for IOS users and the upper right part of the screen for Android users.)
  4. From the “Settings” page, tap on “Camera Settings” > “Firmware”.

Please check if the Firmware version is up to date. If it’s not the current version yet, go ahead and upgrade it. If it’s already the latest version, kindly delete the camera from your YI Account, reset it and pair it again. If the issue still exists even after you’ve tried all of the suggested steps above let me know.
2 Likes

Hello, thank you for getting back to me however I have had a check and it is up to date and I have kept it that way since buying it, any other suggestions please as would love to resolve this, thank you :blush:

1 Like

hmmmm that’s frustrating @Sonja08 thanks for the information. I think the best next step is to contact our support team. We may need to replace the unit and get you a new one :slight_smile:

www.kamihome.com/contact

1 Like

I have a YI 1080p Home Camera that was constantly making these crackling noises that everyone else seems to be experiencing. I have fixed the noise but unfortunately it may be a more complicated fix than others are willing to undertake. I opened the camera (4 screws in the back) and noticed that the microphone stopped crackling whenever I touched it. After fiddling around for a while, I accidentally disconnected the microphone wires from the circuit board and so I had to solder new wires on. The crackling continued even with my newly soldered wires. However, after I twisted the newly soldered wires (which are much longer than the original wires), to form a twisted pair, the crackling has stopped. Unfortunately now the microphone is about an inch out of the housing, due to the longer wires I installed, but the crackling noise is gone!

1 Like

Good stuff @Graeme That is definitely a process. I will share this with our team as well.

My outdoor camera is doing the same thing. YES I ALREADY CHECKED THE FIRM WARE AND DELETED IT AND PLACED IT UL AGAIN AND RECENTLY GOT MY INTERNET SPEED UP TO PAR AND STILL LOUD CRACKING NOISE

1 Like

Hey @Adrian.H Thank you for your patience. And, welcome to the community forum!

I recommend contacting our support team at www.kamihome.com/contact. This is most likely a deeper issue and the camera may need to be replaced. Let me know once you contact our support team and I will do everything I can to speed things up.

Hope you’re having a lovely week!

I’ve had the same issue the whole time I’ve owned the Yi outdoor 1080p cam. They refuse to accept that it’s the cameras fault and blame the customer instead of replacing the cams as they should do.

1 Like

I agree and i have no copy machine to send back and they wont send me a box to send it back

Categories