YiHome Cameras Hacked

Dear All,

My cameras have been hacked and someone is sending me photos from my camera.
How can I stop this ??

Dave

Hi @Bozo, you need to change your password on your account as quickly as possible. Please keep us posted in case you notice anything else suspicious!

Hi, this is Patrick with YI Support. If you believe your account has been compromised, please refer to the following steps below.

If you are accessing the app by logging in with your account email address and password, please change your login password for the app. After logging into the app, from the Home screen, click on “Discover” in the bottom right corner. Then click on the profile pic at the top. Click on “Change Password”. First, “Enter the current password”. Then enter the “New password”. “Enter new password again”. Click “Next” when you are done. This will change your password.

If you are accessing the app by clicking on “Login with Facebook”, first you will need to log into Facebook on the mobile app. Once you are logged in, you can use the “Login with Facebook” link. Please change your Facebook password in Facebook. You can not change your Facebook password through the YI Home or Kami Home app. You will need to log in to your Facebook account on Facebook to change your password.

If you have any further questions please contact us at support@yitechnology.com. Reference ticket 413292

1 Like

Hi @Bozo, I hope the information @Patrick has provided helps you! Please let us know if you should have any further issues with this! If you have any other questions, please reach out to support@yitechnology.com and reference ticket 413292. Thank you!

@Bozo you could also put pin code on your cameras YI and Kami provides an option for protecting your cameras with a four digit pin. Please use that in future

@Bozo in this thread there is more help as to how to do it!

Hello. My cameras were also hacked, I know it’s the neighbors upstairs. Some of My footage was deleted :slightly_frowning_face:. I changed my password, Pin code and added Touch ID security. How can I get my footage back??? How can I obtain a log of my account accesses and activities? I needed this information for legal reasons which is why I was hacked. PLEASE any help or suggestions are appreciated.

This has happened to me too…I just don’t know I think my phone is cloned n that’s how they get my passwords…any ideas

Categories