YI Outdoor camera 1080p

Having some issues with this camera audio. Android has good volume from phone to camera but is breaking up. With iOS audio is far to low for a person at camera to hear but it does not break up.
I also have the YI Home pan tilt (3 years old now) and it has flaw less audio from both Android and iOS
Maybe a firmware tweak is in order.

@HunterG

Hey Hunter, thanks for joining the forum! Do you mind doing a quick test? If you don’t mind, please can stand close to the camera with the app. Does this make a difference to the audio quality?

OK after some messing around, the android device is working better.
So here it the kicker on the iPhone (6s A1633) using the built in microphone, the gain is weak. If I plug in the wired headphones or a external microphone the gain is the same as android phone.
I have no way of adjusting the mic gain on a iPhone as far as I can see.
Now the older YI Dome camera works just fine with the iPhone, loud and clear audio from phone. So seems like a firmware issue.

Hey Hunter, thanks for doing that testing! It sounds like you’re an audio person like me.

I just did a bit of digging and it looks like the cause might be the mic volume of the iPhone 6. Check out the Apple thread below.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7355578

Maybe the YI Dome adds some extra audio compression and gain to boost the low signal. :thinking:

Categories