Yi Home Mobile App view multi live camera feeds

Is there a way to view all/some of your cameras live feeds simultaneously on the mobile app?

Thanks

Ron

1 Like

Dadbooz,

There is currently no way to view multiple camera live feeds simultaneously in the mobile app.
Each camera is viewed and controlled separately and can each have its own independent security PIN and settings.

The functionality to view multiple camera live feeds is built into the desktop apps that can be downloaded here:

https://www.yitechnology.com/firmware/

1 Like

Thank you. Is there any plan to allow multiple cameras to be viewed from mobile app in the future?

Definitely would consider buying more cameras if this was indeed the case

Hi,

All I can say is currently our mobile app only allows one camera to be viewed at a time with a live feed. Thank you for your input in this matter. We appreciate your advice.

Ok so you just added this multi view feature but in order to use it you require us to subscribe to a monthly cloud fee. Firstly you gotta be frickin kidding me right? Secondly now I’m just thinking of walking away from all my cameras. I never like being forced into something. So angry and disappointed in you guys.

2 Likes

Hey KJ, we haven’t added any kind of multi view within the app yet. It’s only available on the computer desktop app which is free for everyone.

You can download the application for Mac or Windows here

@Kami_Mark Really? Cos I’m looking at it now.

Hey KJ, apologies for the misunderstanding! I’m actually running the Kami Home app and don’t have that option. Having a look at the YI Home app now.

1 Like

Hey KJ, I see it now. I was actually not aware of this feature, so thanks for the heads up. And if it makes you feel any better, I have a 5 camera 30 day annual plan and I still can’t see the grid :joy:

I’ll find out more information about this.

1 Like

Haha. I just think it’s ridiculous they they are making you pay for this feature especially when on the computer app it’s available to all. So annoyed right now.

1 Like

Hey KJ, I can see where you’re coming from. But, on the other side of the coin, YI Technology is focusing a lot of effort toward building out the cloud service, so I can also see why they decided to launch this feature prioritizing subscription customers.

Your comments were noticed by the product team though, and after some discussion the decision was made to lower the barrier to entry for multi-cam view. It is now available for all YI and Kami paid subscription plan customers, no matter what the plan.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me. If I’m understanding correctly then as long as you are a paid subscriber you get that feature? This is unfortunate. As a business owner myself I feel that this decision by the product team is rather alienating to those that prefer not to have a paid subscription and a poor business choice. I wish you guys all the best.

Yes that’s correct, the multi-cam view is available to all cloud subscription plan holders.

I will share your message with the team KJ.

I’m not able to see it either because it doesn’t recognize that I am a paid subscriber and I can’t get anyone to return my emails.

Hi @CherylBuc we sent you an email this morning.

Hello! I did reply to it as well as try many other things and still nothing worked. It is still saying that it wants to give me a free trial but then it says I am already on a plan and click to manage it so I do but then it doesn’t recognize it and does not give me the functionality of having one.

Hi @CherylBuc I’m pretty sure this is an error on our end. Please be assured that I have one of our top technical people looking into this and I’m hoping we get this solved today. I’ll also request that an extra month gets added to your cloud subscription.

Thank you so much. I greatly appreciate it. What I don’t understand is why don’t they at least respond to their customer to let them know that they are working on it? That would go such a long way in making the customer feel better about things. I see where one of the incidents was referred to somebody by the name of Samuel but he has not reached out to me at all. I’ve thought about cancelling the account altogether and creating a new one but I don’t know how I would get the service that I have paid for over to the new account. Any ideas? Or can’t they just delete my accounts altogether and have me create a new one and then put the service back on?

I really apologize slow response time. It’s something that we are working on fixing. Basically, the support team has been experiencing a big backlog that was caused when the pandemic hit and our call center had to be closed. We have been training and hiring more staff and have been working over the weekends to reduce the backlog. We know how important it is to make sure people like yourself have a service they can depend on, so please accept our apologies, and hopefully we can make it up to you in the future.

Where can I find the multi camera view in the desktop windows app?

Categories