YI Home failed to gather device information

Trying to set up my Yi Home Camera and it goes through setup fine. Tells me it is paired then in the app it asks me to name the camera and when I click ‘finish’ I get an error stating ‘failed to gather device information’ and I cannot do anything from this point. I’ve reset the camera multiple times and reinstalled the app. Still no different. The camera has the static blue led. I have also checked to make sure the Wi-fi is 2.4ghz.

Hi,

@Jshodgson I apologize that you are having an issue trying to pair your YI Home camera. To further troubleshoot this matter, please contact our customer support at support@yitechnology.com. Please refer to ticket #443789.

@Patrick I have emailed them twice with no response (other than the automated response telling me they will get back to me in 24 hours)

@Jshodgson customer support will get back to you, but there are delays at the moment. Apologies for the wait.

I purchased this camera on 4th June and have had it in my possession for over 2 weeks and have never been able to use it. I email the support team 6 days ago and still have had no reply. I am tempted to reject it and give in as it is not working and request a refund. I’d rather just get a solution to get it working if we can but I am not prepared to wait such a long time. There’s gotta be something you can do to escalate this for me?

@Jshodgson I’ll make sure we get this sorted out today.

Categories