Yi Home cameras keep corrupting the SD cards.

I have 10+ cameras & have gone through 30+ SD cards because the cameras keep corrupting the cards. I could understand 1 or 2 cards in the bunch, but not ALL of the cards.

All of my cards are sandisk. & I have tried the regular, the ultra, the elite, the extreme, & the extreme pro. Every single one of them gets corrupted by the cameras.

The cards will work fine for a while until they get full, & then the cameras stop writing to the cards & corrupt them.

I have tried to format the SD cards but every thing i have tried fails. I have tried the in application format, it says that it has worked, but it really has not. I have tried it on a regular computer. Even if i try to manually delete the files from the SD card, it acts like they are deleted, even if you refresh the view. But once you unmount the card & mount it again the files are back.

Doing a disk check does not work either, it hits a file & says that there is an error in the file size & then it exits.

Even a defrag fails.

We sincerely apologize for the troubles youā€™ve had with the app. Weā€™d be happy to take a look into this for you, please contact us at https://www.kamihome.com/contact. Thank you.

Is ā€œkamihomeā€ going to be any better than ā€œyihomeā€? Because iā€™ve already contacted ā€œyihomeā€ for support & they were no help. All they told me is that ā€˜it should not be doing thatā€™.

Which, no offense, is common sense & the whole reason for me contacting them & you.

1 Like

I guess iā€™ll just wait a bit longer for a response. =\

It has been over a month, & no response or help on this topic.

It seems that ā€œkamihomeā€ is just as unhelpful as ā€œyihomeā€.

It looks like i am just going to have to find a better company to get security cameras from.

Ha Ha Ha Ha
Typical ā€œsupportā€ from this company!
It has been 6 months with NO reply from them!

It just goes to show you how little they care about their customer base.

Hi
The only time Iā€™ve had an SD card fail is after the power has gone out and then comes back on.
Not sure if thereā€™s a voltage spike happening at that moment. But thatā€™s the only time my SD cards have failed.

Iā€™ve tried formatting the SD cards while theyā€™re installed in the device and from a computer.
No luck.

I end up replacing the SD card and everything is back normal.
Again, from my personal experience my SD cards fail on a power failure/restore.

Regards
B

Categories