Yi Home camera not working

Hi. I bought 5 cameras a few months ago and they’ve all been working great until yesterday. I had one of my cameras go offline, which I didn’t notice until it started saying “Ready to connect” over and over. So, I tried to connect it again, nothing. Reset it twice and connected it again both times, and the thing keeps going offline. I think it may be a faulty camera. What can I do?

Thanks
Lynnette

Hi,

@Flippy333 I apologize for the issue you are having with your camera going offline. This issue is related to a power connection or network connection problem between the camera and the router. Once you have verified the camera is connected properly to power, please try the following:

• Move the camera next to your router and power cycle the camera. (Unplug if for 5-10 seconds and plug it back in)
• Ensure there are no obstructions that may block the signal between the router and the camera.
• Ensure that your cellphone has either a strong Wi-Fi or cellular connection.
If the above steps don’t work, delete and reinstall the app. Then check the camera connection in the app.

It’s the closest to my router and it’s the only one out of 5 cameras total that is having this issue. It’s not the app, it’s the camera itself. Any other suggestions?

Hi,

@Flippy333 Please contact our customer support at support@yitechnology.com to further address this matter and see if your camera is under warranty for replacement. Refer with ticket# 452627.

Categories