Yi Home Camera Night Vision?

Hi I use the original Yi home cameras and have night vision issues. i noticed it earlier this year or end of last year after an update. when i first got the cameras they would click, night vision came on right out the box amazing and awesome, without having the night vision IR light option on in the settings, yes u read right without the night vision IR light setting on. when i turned on IR setting it created a glare in night vision. When i noticed the issue after the update, night vision no longer came on automatically with the click, i had to actually turn on the IR setting now which causes a glare and makes night vision unusable. I’ve reset all cameras, isolated a camera in a dark room(still has the IR glare), deleted and updated the app, all multiple times, the lenses are very clean and clear, and still night vision does not work like when i first used the cameras. In summary, if i turn off IR setting, I hear the click for night vision but doesn’t work, before it did. if i turn on IR setting night vision works but has a glare making it useless. i saw a few others had similar issues but i still haven’t seen a fix or a way to go back to how it was originally. is this actually related to a software update that threw things out of wack?

thanks

Hey,

Apologies for any difficulties you experienced with the setup. We’d be happy to take a look into this for you, please contact us at https://www.kamihome.com/contact.
Thank you.

Categories