Yi Home Camera AI+ Not Pair

Hello,
I am trying to set up / pair several of my YI home camera devices and it’s not working! They are all having the same issue. Two new cameras I bought today are working fine. These three cameras that aren’t working were inactive for several weeks. When plugged in, the camera is flashing yellow or has a static yellow light. It doesn’t say the “waiting to connect message.” I reset the camera and the lights change but it doesn’t read a message saying the reset is successful. It’s right next to the router but it isn’t to the point where the wifi information is needed. There is no Micro SD card inside of it. Someone suggested I try updating the firmware but the page to download it isn’t working on the Yi website. When I click on the camera we have it doesn’t display the option to download the firmware, the website crashes and gives us an error message. Anybody have the firmware for this or any other suggestions on how to fix the issue?
Thanks!

Hello @retrovgames Thanks for coming to the community forum for more info. <br?
Give this thread a read and see if this helps: Pairing Time Out Resolution

Also, search around the forum for any thread related to forum pairing issues.

In terms of our trouble shooting suggestions, please see below:

1 . Please check your phone to make sure that it’s connected to a 2.4GHz band network before pairing (5GHz not supported). While all routers do have the 2.4GHz band available, you may need to adjust your router settings in order to pair your camera.

Many routers have both bands available simultaneously, meaning you can see two network names for your router. If this is the case, switch to the 2.4GHz network on your phone before pairing your camera.

-Your Wi-Fi router may be broadcasting two networks, with different names to indicate the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.

-The 5GHz network may have a 5 as part of its name. The 2.4GHz may have a 2 or 2.4 as part of its name.

Your router may be a dual-band wireless router that is currently set to broadcast only in one band , meaning that you will only see one network name.

-You can switch bands by accessing your router settings. We recommend contacting your internet service provider for assistance.

2 . If your camera is not scanning the QR Code shown on your phone during the pairing process, turn up your phone’s brightness to the highest setting. Place the QR Code directly in front of the camera lens. Slowly move your device back approximately 6’’ away from the lens.

3 . Ensure that you’re selecting the correct camera model when adding the camera.

4. Go to the YI Home app login page, and ensure that you’re connecting from the correct region.

5. Ensure that the WiFi network name is in English letters. SECURITY/PASSCODE should be WPA/WPA2 (mixed mode) or WPA2.

6. Ensure that your WiFi password is 8-20 characters in length.

7. Reset your router then follow the pairing process again.

8. Reinstall the YI Home app then follow the pairing process again. Please visit the following link for detailed instructions on pairing your camera: https://help.yitechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000271133-Setting-Up-Your-Camera-Using-YI-Home-App

9 . Disable MAC address filtering in your wireless router settings during the pairing process. MAC filtering is disabled by default, and would only be enabled if you’ve explicitly configured the router that way. If you are using MAC address filtering, you would need to first pair the camera before turning this back on. The MAC address can be found on the back of the product package or under YI Home App > Settings > Network Info.

====================

If you continue to experience any problems, please let us know.

1 Like

Categories