Yi Home 3: cloud video playback is stuttering/choppy

I own two Yi Home cameras: Yi Home 1080p & Yi Home 3
When I view the cloud alerts from the Yi Home 1080p, the video is streaming smoothly, but from the Yi Home 3 (which is newer, I think), the video is always choppy with about 1fps - which renders it nearly useless for security purposes.

When I stream live images from both cameras, it’s always smooth - only cloud playback from the Yi Home 3 is choppy.

Both cameras are in the same network, both are positioned equally far from the router and have (according to the app) good or very good connectivity to the wifi. My router has up to 50mbps upstream - with that and the fact that one of the cameras work, I can pretty much rule out bad connectivity.

The firmware on the Yi Home 3 is 4.2.0.0H_201909041620, which is the latest, I believe.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any fix for this?

Hi,

@PeterRpunkt I apologize for the delay in responding to your message. I see you mentioned you are having an issue when viewing the playback of recordings with the cloud alerts. Do you have a paid cloud service? Are you having an issue with the playback quality in the cloud section of the app too?
To troubleshoot this matter, can you please move the YI Home 3 next to your Wi-Fi router and see if the playback is working properly when viewing the alerts and/ or cloud videos? I understand your other camera is equally far from the router but I just want to see if there is any possible network interference causing this issue.
The firmware version you currently have on the camera in the latest version.

Hi Patrick,
thanks for your reply.

I forgot to mention that I use the free cloud tier. Therefore, I can’t play videos in the “Cloud” section of the app - I only have the option to start a free trial of the cloud service. My description is based on the videos in the “Alerts” section.

Right now the camera is just in the next room from the router, but I also tried it about 3 meters / 10 feet away from the router in direct line of sight. The result was the same: about 1fps in cloud playback. Live streaming of videos, as mentioned, works great in both scenarios.

Best regards,
Peter

1 Like

Hi,

@PeterRpunkt Please contact our customer support at support@yitechnology.com to further address this matter. Refer with ticket # 444363.

Having the EXACT same issue! Same cameras, same results, same free tier with videos stored to phone.

Did you get it resolved?

Categories