YI home 1080p firmware update

Hi all
I have an YI Home 1080p which I have setup & is working. App tells me there is firmware update from 8.2.0.0A_2020007211802 to 12.2.0.2_202212191129 when I click on update cam says downloading, reboots & is still on old firmware. Have tried loads of times & still doesn’t work.

Where can I download firmware 12.2.0.2_202212191129 to update via sd card ??

Installation of firmware manually unless instructed by Kami/YI support will void the warranty of your camera. Firmware update is being delivered Over-the-Air (OTA-Update) when prompted by your mobile app to ensure the compatibility of the updates.

Customer satisfaction is a priority for Kami Home and we provide 24/7 customer support to our users. We regret that you had an unpleasant experience. Please reach out to us at the email listed below so our customer support can help you out: support@yitechnology.com

Camera is two years old & out of warranty. So it is irrelevant if manual update voids warranty. I am prepared to risk any damage.

Please will you supply me with manual update.

As stated before OTA gets to telling me it is installing update then silently fails.

At the moment I am not getting much customer satisfaction.

1 Like

DO NOT UPDATE the firmware if you use a micro SD card. Newer firmware versions released since end of 2022 will cause you to lose SD card support. I speak from experience.

if you are noticing your camera(s) micro SD card system or functionality compromised in anyway…that is likely because of the new firmware.

Resolve this problem by BUYING NEW CAMERA on Amazon, replace your camera(s) with same camera(s) and return the Yi/Kami dysfunctional camera(s). Then…DO NOT UPDATE your firmware. I did exactly as I just mentioned, and I did it for over 20 cameras. For months my problem has been solved, and there is absolutely NO NEED TO UPDATE FIRMWARE. Cameras operate fine, and operate best on the older firmwares before Yi/Kami switched directions removing features and pushing people to use and/or subscribe to their cloud service ($$$).

Categories