YI Home 1080p Camera Firmware Update Notice

I have the ability on my Iphone to select 2.4ghz or 5ghz from my Netgear R7000 Night router.
Also, thru the Netgear app I can disable the 5ghz channel if necessary.

The YI Outdoor Security Cameras connection specs say 2.4ghz.

All I can tell you from my iOS experience
I have to put my iPhones on 2.4ghz to install the cameras thru the YI app
Once installed, I turn my iphones back onto the 5ghz signal and have no issues.

Tinkerer

1 Like

My camera disconnected from the wifi. I tried to do a reinstall that didnt work. I tried a reset with the button. The yellow light flashes but I dont get the “reset successful”. After many tries I got a reset successful so I continued with setup. The camera would not scan the QR code. It just kept saying “waiting to connect” and rotating 90 degrees and back. I have tried many things such as unplugging, plug in and hold reset at same time, hold reset for long time etc. Nothing works. Now the camera sits with yellow light solid, then it clicks, yellow light flashes and rotates about 180 degrees It comes back to front and yellow light is steady. It repeats this about every 45 seconds.ly above
Also, how to do a firmware update when wont connect to wifi?

Hey @sdfrey Thanks for reaching out on the forum. I am sorry to hear you’/re having troubles. That sounds frustrating.

What is your camera model? That will help me suggest trouble shooting steps.

Thanks for your patience.

I have kinda the same issue. At 6:35pm central daylight time last Thursday, all my cameras quit working. Earlier that day ( 4:30PM I made some changes to my network settings to install a extender. Prior to that the cameras worked fine, all my other devices connected to the router work fine, I went through all the possible trouble shooting on the Yi website. I made one change ( took the special character out of my password, and the camera still says it has a password error???

What happens if you remove the extender device and restore the password to the previous one?

So the app has changed on iOS and now I can’t record a video during playback. It only lets me take a screenshot during playback now…

Hello @Gunit2k16 We apologize for any inconvenience as a result of the new app release. Here is a link that helps navigate the new interface: https://news.yitechnology.com/how-to/info-on-how-to-make-the-most-out-of-your-app/

No features were removed with intent. We are currently working to get this back into the app. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

1 Like

Hello @Steven_Kami due to the app latest release seems there are some remaining bugs.

For example on my camera that I use with an sd card we can’t select a previous day anymore neither from the drop down where “today” is written, nor from the day number sitting on its right. In the past we could select a day to look at history on the sd card and now we have to scroll left over the timelines which is not convenient at all.

Another bug is when we select a camera and click on the se icon we can’t access to the alert video log below it simply disappear.

Another one is that when we play a video alert after 6 seconds and as sd card user we could click on play full video but this is not available anymore. This is painful as when we decide to use sd card we should be able to play full video sequence from an alert.

Thanks for addressing these issue.

Hey @NetMs We will be releasing an update early next week that will clean out all these bugs being reported. tomorrow we are doing thorough testing on the new release to avoid any previous inconsistencies. We appreciate the continued patience.

1 Like

I moved and haven’t used my YI Home 1080p since early May - I plugged it in and it’s a solid yellow light. Pressing the reset button does nothing, it continues to have a solid yellow light. I tried downloading the update that I’ve found linked here on an sd card and it makes no difference. The app just tells me to reset it, but as I said, that doesn’t work. I have two others that I haven’t unpacked yet, but I’m assuming they will be as unusable as this one is. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Hi @primaux thanks for coming to the forum for more information. I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble after a move. Based on the light indicator, this means the device is rebooting or under a firmware update. Are these devices still connected to your account? if so, try to update the firmware.

https://help.yitechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045368593-What-do-the-different-status-lights-indicate-

Hey @kyungho1 Excellent question! You can download and update your firmware through the app. Go to settings for the camera in question, then select, “Camera Settings”. At the very bottom you will see “Firmware Version”, click this and make sure you are up to date.

Hi
Make sure when your trying to connect to the device your internet connection is set for 2.4ghz.
The camera has to connect to the 2.4ghz
Your cellphone should be on the 2.4ghz as well.

I played around with one camera for an hour before I realized I was on my 5ghz channel.
As soon as I switched to the 2.4ghz channel everything was happy

1 Like

ok, but what the filename on the SD card should be? as it is not reading it.
is there a specific file name for the firmware file? copying the downloaded file doesn’t work

Yes, it depends on which camera you have and for instance there is more than one type of Yi Home 1080. Seems some have made things worse with manual updating so seems Yi would prefer automatic updates to avoid that and I have seen more than one poster here trying to update with the wrong firmware.

home camera 1080p AI+

There are 3 different models of that camera, y20ga, y21ga and y211ga and they do not use the same firmware. Check with support as to what you need.

In regards to manually updating the firmware. You should ideally not be doing this without first contact support for advice. If you contact support with the issue you are experiencing they will assist

Perhaps the first post should be modified so as to clearly state current company policy rather than mislead?

Categories