Yi Home 1080P AI+ won’t connect

Hey @felipenove Thanks for your patience. I have you contacted our support team yet? When did you purchase the cameras that do not work? From where did you purchase?

Hi Steve! I’m contacting support yes, ticket #571335. My cameras were purchased in February 2021, in Brazil. I have 04 cameras, all in the same environment. But two work properly and the other two don’t connect to the same wifi as the others.

I made the videos as requested. I apologize for the delay, as I was late due to the demands of my work. As you will see, I have 04 IY Home cameras, which are installed in the same place and use the same internet. However, two do not connect and are as per the video. They are the KAMI YI HOME CAMERAS BFUSY44JIZBSJX201027 and BFUSY44XPXPF6B201027. I’m sending you a link to the video posted on youtube. If you have difficulties viewing it, please get in touch:

No apologies necessary! And, thanks for sending this video over. I see our support team have made a few suggestion that did not work. Thats frustrating I am sorry for any inconvenience. It looks like they’ve asked for proof of purchase so they can escalate this internally and replace the camera under warranty if applicable. Send the requested documentation and I will push this along on our end so we can get to a quick resolution.

Hi Steve. I hope it happens in the best possible way. Today I was at the house of a neighbor who has 02 YI Home (they even bought it because of my indications) and one of their cameras is also not connecting to Wifi. I notice that there are many cases of similar problems. They will also contact support for a solution.

Hi Steven, thank you so much. I thought I responded to your message, but apparently I have not :sweat_smile: I still have not heard back from customer service after sending them my invoice twice. My ticket number is #557014

Hey @Wdytz These things happen! Too much to do and keep track of these days. I just forwarded you the original response from out support team. I will let our support manager know to keep an eye out as well.

Hello, last week I bought a pack of 2 cameras YI Home 1080p AI+ from Amazon, one of these cameras works fine and the setup was so easy… unfortunately with the other camera the setup process was very difficult, after many tries I was able to setup it, however after of some minutes the camera gets disconnected, I had tried to eliminate it from the application, then repeat all the process to set the camera up again getting the same result. I really appreciate your help to get this works. Thanks.

Hey @jctrivino Thats frustrating! And, welcome to the community! We’re glad to have you around :slight_smile:

That is very concerning. Especially since 1 of the cameras works in the exact same conditions.

Amazon has a no questions asked 30-day return policy. I’d initiate the return, get your refund from Amazon. Send back the 1 camera that’s not working, then, buy the 2 pack again and now you have 3 :wink: We can go back and forth troubleshooting but this will most likely be the easiest option. But, I will ask…

How far away from the router is the camera?
Is your wifi router on 2.4ghz or 5ghz?
What about your phone? 2.4 or 5g?
Are you on Android or iOS?

Thanks for your patience! Let me know what you decide :slight_smile:

Hi Steven,
Unfortunately last week I was in Miami, Florida for holidays, now I am in Colombia and I will ask about the option to return the camera from here.

How far away from the router is the camera? Initially, the camera was located 5 meters away from the router, then I moved it very close.
Is your wifi router on 2.4ghz or 5ghz? The router is 2.4ghz
What about your phone? 2.4 or 5g? Same… it is on 2.4ghz
Are you on Android or iOS? Android.

I create a case with support … it is 576724.

Hey @jctrivino I see our team responded a few days ago with some troubleshooting suggestions. How did it go? Were you able to get connected? Hope you’re having a lovely day! Look forward to your feedback

Have you solved the problem?

Hey @tomaso.dincalevis this has not been a widespread issue. Can you tell me a little bit more about what is going on with your pairing issues?

Is your wifi set to 2.4ghz or 5g? What about your phone?
First time pair or are you trying to repair the device? If repairing, did you delete the camera from your account before going through the pairing process again.

Are you using an SD card or cloud sub?
How far away from the camera is the router?

Many thanks for your patience.

My camera Yi home 720P black color Global Europe version and using this camera for several years without problems and after last updates to yi home app camera started to not connect giving -90 limited error! After this Kami company came everything broken sadly! Today I removed my camera from the app also resetted the camera put out sdcard! And tryed to pair again! First QR code scanned successfully then Connected to Wifi successfully then after some minutes camera goes back to yellow light pairing waiting to connect mode! Im computer engineer also do not even try to say classic pairing help to me because this camera already working 7/24 for several years! So the problem is the Kami company broken the app also maybe broken the connectivity or blocked old cameras to not connect maybe they force people to buy new cameras! But how! if I get this problems why I will buy camera from them again! I tryed 5 times reset the camera poweroff camera re-install app remove all the old data files! Tryed again pairing but always after connect to wifi successfull sound! camera going back to yellow light waiting to connect mode again! Since my camera Europe version I selected Germany as country! Im waiting some " Real Solution"

Hey @eltdesign Can you update your firmware for this camera model? What firmware is this currently running? I recommend contacting our support team at www.kamihome.com/contact for any firmware related requests.

I can update of course but where is new firmware? My camera serial number 22eutwlbqg bought around 2017-2018 and firmware also was 2017 I guess. Since now I cant access to camera cant write exact firmware version but inside the yi app there was no any new firmware update available! This camera worked several years without problem but after last 1-2 month started to give problema first 6 second free video cloud stopped working then camera cant access giving -90 limited error always stuck on %5 loading.

Also The main problem after company change You started to use location based connection rules! And app is checking the location is correct or not! If not correct not let the people pair the camera! This ia the biggest problem now. I bought this camera from china and its globai europe version and my country is Turkey! Before on yi app we can select just Europe and it was enough now there is no europe selection and if I select Turkey app giving error (not accept Turkey as europe very strange also) If I select another europe country since app checking the location from phone and directly block camera to pair! there is very high amount of users using this camera’s and everybody now having problems!

Im waiting urgent help about this connection blocking problem! Cant use my camera now! Cant even pair! Your servers is blocking our camera to pair!

What a company! Killed my 3+ years working Yi 720p home camera and not giving any possible support! and saying 720p project on hold! Come on! We payed money for this camera!!! You cant force people to buy new camera! Blocking people to pair! Im still waiting urgent solution I dont have security on my house because of you!

Hi @eltdesign Have you contacted our support team? This needs to be escaleted internally so we can better resolve the issue. I do apologize for my delay. But, I will make this a priority.

Please contact support by going to www.kamihome.com/contact. Send me your ticket number I will escalate the ticket.

We will get this resolved.

Categories