Yi Dome U - Italian app doesn't have face detection

Hi guys,
I’ve bought 25 days ago a Yi Dome U from a China store, selling from Spain.

I’ve installed the app from Italian google store and configured the cam.

At the end of the configuration I was surprised because there wasn’t the option about face detection in the app.

What can I do to resolve the problem?

cam version: 9.0.21.08_202007270941

Thank you for the answers.

Hello.

Please try the following:

Begin by selecting the settings icon on the bottom right of the camera you’d like to active Face Detection.

If brought to the specific camera view, hit settings on the bottom right of the menu.

Under the section Smart Detection , You’ll see, “Settings”.

From this menu, you will be able to activate Face Detection.

Please let us know how it goes or if there are any other issues.

Hello and thank you for your answer.

Yes, I tried in the past to find the face detection menu, exactly where you say that I have to find it, but there isn’t this voice. I’ve only 2 voices: Motion detection and Human detection.

Is there some difference between the Asian cam and the Europe cam, according to GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) valid in EU countries? Probably my cam is sell in Europe, but with Asian standards. Is it possible?

My understanding is that facial detection should be available on that camera model irrespective of region of purchase or use.

I will tag in @Steven_Kami who may need to make contact with you privately.

I have seen other people with this issue but they were given the advice you have and never came back to say it didn’t resolve the issue. They, to be transparent, never came back to say it did either!

1 Like

Thanks, I really appreciate your help.
Sure that if I can solve the problem, I will certainly report the solution, so as to help other members of the community

Hey @Blu-skY Let me inquire with our staff here for details in regards to the Italian app. I want to make sure that I understand every thing correctly before I follow-up.

I will be in touch later today for more information. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

@YorkshireUser Thanks for the support :pray:

1 Like

Categories