Yi Dome U - Camera Alarms ALWAYS

Hi,
I bought a new Yi Dome U Pro camera and I had no problem in configuring it, however the second day started to behave oddly. Every time any motion is detected it starts alarming in a set of beeps very annoying. The problem is that I can’t find any way to disable this behaviour as it happens there is no option to do so in the configuration.
The most surprising is that it does the same, even if motion detection is totally disable!
Can anyone help on it? I’m starting to think it’s an issue in the camera and I should change it.

thanks a lot

I encountered the same issue with my YI dome U Pro camera.
Workaround is to reset the camera using reset button and do not enable motion at all.
I have another YI dome U Pro camera and it works fine, waiting YI support to provide solution as we cannot using motion at all

1 Like

Hey @asi @mmasdeu Thanks for coming to the forum. We are very aware of this issue and have JUST released a new app update to fix it. Only Android users are affected. Anyone experiencing alarm issues, please go to your Google Play Store, update your app, and To disable the camera, go to Smart Detection settings to disable motion detection and then re-enable it again.

Thank you @Steven_Kami. After doing it it’s working fine for me!

1 Like

Hi @Steven_Kami… I’m not sure if it’s a collateral effect but since the upgrade of the app, the camera is generating alarms related to a “Person Detected” with no person passing by the camera at all… It does it regularly every few minutes.
“Face Detection” work fine. In order to avoid a lot of non-real alarms I must disable “Person Detected” option… which is not, off course, what I want.

Are you aware about this issue?

thanks a lot

Hey @mmasdeu thanks for checking in. We are aware of the issue. It was a firmware related issue that has since been resolved. Can you update your app to the newest version?

Hi again @Steven_Kami
Sorry to say but it’s not working fine. Time to time the camera is generating “Person Detected” alarms with no reason at all… one after another with some minutes between them and then suddenly it stops.
Camera firmware is the latest (9.0.27.20_202108161046)
App version in my mobile is the latest too (5.1.4._20211020)

I’ve configured to LOW the Sensitivity Level and Alert Frequency, Alert for abnormal sounds disabled and the behavior is the same.
I have 2 other cameras (different models) and I’ve never had this issues.

Is there anything I can do ?

thanks

That’s frustrating. I am really sorry to hear that.

Can you confirm whether you are using Android or iOS?
Is there a new update in your App Store for the app?
Is there a new update available in the store?

It sounded like things were working well but then reverted back, is this correct?

If the sound is beyond annoying, you can put some tape over the speaker area and that will reduce sound by quite a bit. I know that’s not ideal but please know we are looking into this now.

I’m using Android. My wife has iOS and she also receives all these alarms.

I did checked any available update before writing here and there were none. I’ve just double checked it again and everything is at the latest version.

After the application upgrade I did one week ago, I turned “person detection” option on and the behavior was random. Most of the time working fine but sometimes started with this array of reasonless alarms (all short videos have no movement nor changes at all).

I must say that the sound from the camera disappeared one week ago with the upgrade. Now we only receive warnings in the mobile but the camera is silence (as it should be).

@Steven_Kami, could it be a camera HW issue? or it’s SW related?

That’s a great question. It sounds software related vs hardware. Have you reset the cameras recently?

I would make sure apps & firmware are up to date, then delete the cameras from your account, reset and pair the camera again. Get all your motion/sound detection settings set to your desired state. Test again.

let me know if this gets you back on track.

Categories