YI Dome Guard (1080) doesn't record activity on SD card

Considering that I have other 3 YI camera (different model) which doesn’t have this issue, I found that YI Dome Guard 1080 (just bought it from few days) doesn’t record on SD activity only…
It can record only in “continuous” mode… but not as activity only…
The SD card is fine, otherwise it should not record at all (in continuous mode it works properly… but I don’t want to record all the time… but only when there is a movement as it works on other models).

Pls report this BUG to developers and ask to fix it ASAP…

The FW is the latest one: ver 12.1.47.2

About FW: why this model FW is not listed at all at https://www2.yitechnology.com/firmware/index ???

We apologize for this experience. We would need to speak with you to better understand the problem you encountered. Please contact us at https://www.kamihome.com/contact so we can help resolve this issue. Thank you.

I think you know well about this issue as there are many many people here in this forum reporting exactly the same…
You just need to ask developers to fix it

Try loading the newest app. That’s what they yoke me to do and the “seem” to have resolved the issues for the moment

Hi @Dbielecki, which is the “newest app”?
I am using “YI Home” 6.1.9 which is the latest version (Android)

In any case, I personally think that the motion detection feature (record video on SD) is in the camera FW… so the app is not relevant…

Also because using the same app I have the feature working on other 3 YI cameras (different/older models) but NOT on the new YI Dome Guard 1080

I have 6.1.7 iOS. My 2 caneras consistently not working were outdoor 1080p cameras.
After complaining at least a year they told me to delete and reads the app with the latest update and :crossed_fingers:t2: it’s been working for about 5 days now. We shall see. Pretty typical they fix then break it again! There is a slight delay for the video to load when selecting a camera. Pretty sure I’m not renewing cloud next month and leaving the yi family. They don’t with more than they work.

Categories